Axminster - customer service debate

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think I would have asked for them to provide them free. I'd have regarded it as my own look-out for not checking it out on delivery (I'm not saying would necessarily have done so, mind). I'd have called them and explained the situation. If they volunteered to provide them free I'd have been mightily impressed, if they asked for payment that would have been normal to me. I think the tone of the email was a bit brusque, and the caps lock shouting is poor etiquette, but I wouldn't have been upset, no.

:evil: Whilst we are on the subject of spending a lot of money and getting bad service, Craft Supplies seem to be rather less than accommodating these days.
Over twenty days after an order was sent, still no goods. Phoned them and they hadn't even sent the order to the warehouse at that stage.
When I told them that it would be a long time before I used them again, they abruptly cancelled my order.
Had a not dissimilar case of customer don't care at the shop a few months back.
Ah well, there's progress for you. Now when I was a lad!......... :wink:

Roger.. your experience stands in stark contrast to one of my own that I've just closed out with Axminster...

I'd cause to advise them about some defective parts in recent purchases; while the whole tool didn't need to be exchanged, (I'd managed to get them operable with spare parts I have), just the parts in question.

Over the next few days I exchanged as much detail on the faults as I could generate, forwarding the info to both Axminster and the tool manufacturers customer services.. in both instances my grievance was handled with concern and a determination to put it right as expediently as possible...

I've tended to judge a company not so much by how it operates when things go well, but by how it deals with you when things go wrong for whatever reason... In this instance, given the professionalism displayed by both companies involved, this won't be the last time I use them...

I'm delighted to say that things have all turned out for the better. Adopting the approach suggested by Trevor (trevtheturner), I called Technical Support yesterday and explained my problem. I made no reference to my experience with the delightful Amanda.

They could not have been more helpful and agreed to send me a ballrace f.o.c. It arrived today.

In the same spirit, I have amended the 'subject' of this thread.

Roger

Hmm, on that basis I'm not so sure the first title wasn't correct, depending on the format. APTC's customer service seems to be alive and well somewhere, while their Customer Service is less delightful... :roll: Glad you got the part okay, Roger.

Cheers, Alf

:shock: Well done Roger. Hey! you don't suppose that someone at Axminster might have been reading these exchanges do you =D>

Back