Axminster chuck insert to fit Nova threads

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walter Hall

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a supplier of inserts for Axminster K10 chucks to fit the 1 1/4" x 8 tpi Nova thread. Axminster do not seem to do this size.

Please note I do not mean an adaptor to convert from one thread size to the other, I already have one of those, what I am looking for is the actual chuck insert that bolts into the back of the chuck.

Or perhaps this size of insert is not possible within the dimensions, does anyone know?

Thanks

Walter

Brittleheart":50q98qwf said:
.....Or perhaps this size of insert is not possible within the dimensions, does anyone know?
Walter

I suspect this is the problem, I don't think the K10 has enough meat in the back. I note that the K10 with T23 thread carries a £10 premium.

The Nova Chucks have similar limits and have to have the larger threads cut directly in the boddy.

I think you are probably right Chas. It looks as if a 1 1/4" thread might be too large to machine in an insert and too small to machine direct in the chuck body.

Back