Axminster can do 24 hour delivery

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
Placed an order for adhesive/shellac and even Axminster can get it to your workshop in 24 hours (royal mail, parcelforce)
Things are geting better these days.

I once ordered something from Axminster at about 5:30pm, didn't pay for next day delivery and it was there when I got up in the morning! How they managed that I'll never know

Calpol":1bira3qx said:
I once ordered something from Axminster at about 5:30pm, didn't pay for next day delivery and it was there when I got up in the morning! How they managed that I'll never know

Do you have a different time zone in Scotland? :p

Calpol":1fe5tsp8 said:

Nah, you must have been on a bender and lost a day or two :lol:

devonwoody":drlus795 said:
Placed an order for adhesive/shellac and even Axminster can get it to your workshop in 24 hours (royal mail, parcelforce)
Things are geting better these days.

They've been doing it for years :roll:

Cheers

Tim

tim":21rxm12d said:
They've been doing it for years :roll:

Cheers

Tim

...was going to say I expect Axminster to deliver next day ( they always have so far). That means I can send it back the next day and by day three I usually have the thing I ordered in a working condition. I don't think I have ever had an order delivered in which something wasn't broken. Once I had the same thing delivered three times - broken in transit / warehouse each time. APTC customer services are excellent, they probably get a lot of practice though.
Cheers Mike

I have to admit I have always had good quick delivery from Axminster myself and I live miles away from them. Knowing my luck though now I have said that the next one will take an age. :lol:

Calpol":1j4j1zc7 said:

Yeh...! But what time did you get up? :D

I must say I've always had very good service from Axminster, usually delivered either the next day or two and never had a problem with anything broken - always very happy with them.

regards

Brian

Yeh...! But what time did you get up?

Haha, was up early and everything. Honestly couldn't believe it, was very happy with that! Never had any problems with damage to goods, once ordered a mortise gauge and the 2 pins were different but that was hardly their fault...[/quote]

I've always experienced fast first class delivery from Axminster also - although, they don't seem to be responding to my e-mails this week...?

I did order a couple of very small items last week, at the end of the postal strikes, and they still dropped through my door the next morning! :)

I've never had a good response using emails with them, I think I went over 7 days without a reply earlier this year and posted a comment about the incident here on the forum and then got a reply wthin the hour. :wink:

placed an order on tuesday afternoon got it wednesday morning didnt pay for speedy either great service for products
:D
BUT
wish they could do same for spare parts. needed 3 planner knife wedges for one of there machuines took nearly 12 weeks!!!!!!!!!

That's the trouble with a lot of machinery now Lugo, they're manufactured in the Far East. I was looking for a new motor for my Perform CCNPT planer-thicknesser a while back and was given an 8-12 week estimate on shipping time from China. In the end, I searched elsewhere and found Charnwood could sell me a suitable motor from one of their identical machines for about the same money - and from stock.

So, while Axminster should certainly always be your first port of call, it may also pay to look around sometimes with so many 'clones' about.

Watch out, Richard's about! Noticed a Private Message waiting for me from the @Axminster man and all is sorted, the parts are in the post! :D

Thanks again Richard - you are probably reading this! :shock: :wink:

I was quoted 6 week delivery by Halfords who are agents for SIP.

The planer guard on a SIP, P/T.
At twelve weeks I got out my book of swear words and got the usual type of excuse, mistake made and parts were never ordered.

I've always got my stuff next working day with the axminster, it's been like this for years, this is a not a new thing.

I occasionally get Axminster orders to the Netherlands of Italy within 24 hours of me placing it.
I've always been impressed with their service

i've had car bits shipped from the states with in a week, so dont see in this day and age why we should have to wait 6-12 weeks axminster do a great service to get your money and i feel they should do the same with there spares service

Ordered 23rd October, dispatched same day. Never heard anything from them since. It's now 29th. Have phoned them, but they appear to be overwhelmed with customer calls and you are simply transferred to an answer machine. If I get too impatient I may re-order elsewhere and select non-Royal Mail delivery and refuse Axminster's, if that ever materialises.

Nikki

Nikki
I would post a new thread on the forum, Axminster regularly look in to the site these days, you never know it might get you a return phone call.

How about that? I had the order reordered by a friendly Axminster guy from this forum. Not only did that arrive today within 24 hours, but the 'missing' original order turned up half an hour before that, as if to not be put to shame. It must have taken the scenic route around the Outer Hebrides to Land's End. The Watford Royal Mail depot must be looking like a mountain or two, for sure.

Nikki

Back