Axminster bendihose

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
this is what I'm referring to.

Now looking at the picture, you might be tempted to think that this is how it arrives. Actually not so. That black bendihose comes in 18 individual bits of segmented plastic..a little bit like 'ripe proglottids' if you remember your A-level zoology. Or two segments of a very fat caterpillar. No instructions but you soon realise that you have to shove/wedge/sit-on/lever/hydraulic press each segment into the next one until you have yourself a bendihose. The fit is tight..very, very tight..so tight that trying to get them apart was nigh on impossible...as was adjusting them into your final position. It redefines 'interference fit'. To be fair, if I assembled the whole tube then I might have been able to get enough leverage to move the tube into a useful position. I'm sure that some of you will tell me that it does work and that you're very pleased with it.

I chickened out after assembling three segments as I knew it was going back. So maybe, after reading this, I just might have saved you the £5.59 return postage it costs to send it back for a refund.

You need to build those muscles up a bit Roger, had no problem poping mine together and it works very well on the woodturning lathe. Maybe the cold weather was causing some stiffness - in the plastic of course :wink:

Jason

Back