Ax - FINAL ARRANGEMENTS, NAME BADGES

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chaps, more stuff for you about the day in a lot more detail.

Elfn'Safety - firstly, Elfn'safety regs mean that Axminster need to compile a list of those attending on the day, which being an internet forum is quite difficult as most of use 'nom de plumes' so this is the way that I propose to do it. If you have a look at the body list, you'll see that I've entered names where I know them (apologies for any mis-spelt ones :oops: ) in CAPITALS (not shouting though) and also on my profile, again in caps (simply so I can see it)...would all members going on the trip please do the same on their profiles so that as soon as I see a name, I'll edit the list. When the list is complete, I'll send it off to Ax though please bear in mind this needs to be done smartly.

Location - please use the following linkie to arrive at Ax HQ: http://www.axminsterskillcentre.co.uk/local/findus

Timings - it's proposed to start the day 10am and finish at approx 4pm, so Ax are expecting us at around 9.50ish if possible.

Parking - there's no parking at Axminster HQ, but space has been reserved at Keytec which is next door and there will be someone there from 9.30 to guide people to the car park.

Schedule for the day

10.00 Arrival
10.30 Photography studio for tea and coffee and a brief intro to the day from Ian
10.30 - 1.00 Various demos in the skill centre, plus guided tour
1.00 Lunch
1.30 - 3.45 Further demos and site tour
3.45 Tea and coffee
4.00 Depart

....schedule TBC in due course.

Discount - a nominal 5% will be offered on the day, although the exact ordering arrangements have yet to be confirmed...possibly an order form

Photographs - pics can be taken throughout the site on the day except in certain sections of the manufacturing area, this will be explained on the day.

The day will end at around 4pm so that anyone wishing to visit the 'shop in town will have the opportunity to do so if they wish. Please also bear in mind that these arrangements are fairly fluid and I'll update them as soon as I have any more info
Any questions, please shout on this thread or via PM to me - Rob

A couple of points Rob.

It would appear that there are a number of axi buildings on the north side of Weycroft avenue and unit 10 appears to at the far (dead) end of the road.

I presume the discounted purchasing scheme will be after some opportunity to browse a sales area with delivery later or are we going to be ordering in advance for personal collection on the day?
Last time I went to Axi the sales places were scattered through the town so I'm not sure what the set up is now.

Bob

9fingers":1wjchyom said:
A couple of points Rob.

It would appear that there are a number of axi buildings on the north side of Weycroft avenue and unit 10 appears to at the far (dead) end of the road.

I presume the discounted purchasing scheme will be after some opportunity to browse a sales area with delivery later or are we going to be ordering in advance for personal collection on the day?
Last time I went to Axi the sales places were scattered through the town so I'm not sure what the set up is now.

Bob
Bob, as I said, it's fluid situation at the moment and Ax haven't quite got all the ends tied up at present, but without a doubt it will be sorted out. My guess is that we'll be given an order form (and catalogue) which we'll fill in and then we'll be able to collect our stuff at end of the day...only a guess mind :wink: Watch this space.
Haven't looked at the linkie, but I should think it's the building next to Keytec...in any case Ax HQ is vast and difficult to miss and there will be someone on the gate to guide motors into the car parking slots - Rob

Agreed Alan but looking on street view, there are lots of axi buildings before you get to the right one so scope for confusion I felt if people got excited when seeing the Axi logo.

Rob,

I'm TONY COMBER (more correctly A COMBER)

Gloucester is some 16 miles distant and across the other side of the River Severn from where I live, LYDNEY is a better locator. Wouldn't want those on the other side of the river thinking I was unfriendly in not offering them a lift. Could offer a lift from some parts of Bristol however.

Tony Comber

You have got me right on the list.

ROGER BERWICK

SHELFANGER HALL, HALL LANE, SHELFANGER, DISS, NORFOLK

Thankyou for going to the trouble of organising this trip =D> =D>

Names submitted thus far have been added to the list. Clearly my idea of altering the profile has fallen on stony ground, but at the end of the jour, posting names on the forum is just as effective, so please keep them coming. As soon as the list is complete I can get it sent off to Axminster...if not I'm going to have to cancel the whole Bash and get all your discount for meself! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: - Rob

Rob

I have amended my profile ...... do I get extra discount!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, it's very good of you to take the time and trouble to organise this so thanks a million.

Charlie Woody":393fm36r said:
Rob
I have amended my profile ...... do I get extra discount!!!!!!!!
Seriously though, it's very good of you to take the time and trouble to organise this so thanks a million.
... me too, I was done as told :)

Anyway if it's easier ROGER PROVINS, GLOUCESTER

woodbloke":29yvg5ge said:
Clearly my idea of altering the profile has fallen on stony ground . . . .

Perhaps because there isn't anywhere obvious (as far as I can see) to add your name to your profile.

STEPHEN ALLFORD, GODALMING, SURREY.

promhandicam":iogpjid6 said:
woodbloke":iogpjid6 said:
Clearly my idea of altering the profile has fallen on stony ground . . . .

Perhaps because there isn't anywhere obvious (as far as I can see) to add your name to your profile.

STEPHEN ALLFORD, GODALMING, SURREY.

nor could i so stuck it in the location ....simples :mrgreen:

Back