Ax - FINAL ARRANGEMENTS, NAME BADGES

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bobscarle":1taliwdx said:
Rob

Really looking forward to this, I am sure it will be a great day out. Thanks for organising it.

I know it has been said that the items in the secret auction will only be revealed on the day, but would it be at all possible to get the list, say the night before? I am looking through the catalogue, working out what I want to buy but have no idea of how much to save for the auction, or even if there will be anything that will interest me.

Any advance information would be appreciated.

Bob
OK Bob, I've made a note and will pass the request forward to Axminster on Monday - Rob

Dodge":w27uadee said:
As I will be driving from Norfolk (you know that sticky out bum shaped bit of the country) will come down on Thursday - can anyone local recommend a decent B&B as will need to get my head down somewhere

If anyone can help could you pm me please

Cheers

Rog
PM sent - Rob

bobscarle":2oq7yizd said:
Rob

Really looking forward to this, I am sure it will be a great day out. Thanks for organising it.

I know it has been said that the items in the secret auction will only be revealed on the day, but would it be at all possible to get the list, say the night before? I am looking through the catalogue, working out what I want to buy but have no idea of how much to save for the auction, or even if there will be anything that will interest me.

Any advance information would be appreciated.

Bob
The 'secret auction' will be a sale of bin-end products and Ax will try and get a list to me closer to the date, so as and when I receive it, it'll be published on this thread - Rob

Chaps, just a reminder that the closing deadline for this event is Monday 5th March at 9.00am. From now until Monday, I'll bump it to keep it near the top. Remember, there are still a few places left (check on p8 of this thread) and it's going to be a cracking day! - Rob

Eric The Viking":enw431by said:
Rob, are you planning to email/pm people with details once you have a definitive list, or have I missed something?

Thanks for organising this - it's going to be fun!

E.
Yep, you've missed something E...do keep up :lol: :lol: itinerary has been published on this thread for a while...see page 9 (or thereabouts) - Rob

Rob, if you get a moment on the day perhaps you could ask someone at Axminster if they have any plans to expand into Europe?

I've yet to find a retailer online, or otherwise, that offers the range at the price with the customer support that we all appreciate with Axminster. Having said that. Whether the problem over here is to do with demand or supply I do not know but I would be interested to know if Axminster have investigated the market over here.

Cheers

Andy

Anyone interested in lift sharing either all or part way? Happy to drive or be driven
I'm in Romsey on the eastern edge of the New Forest and would possibly use A31/A35 or modest deviations from that route to pick up others.

Bob

dedee":geskqeb1 said:
Rob, if you get a moment on the day perhaps you could ask someone at Axminster if they have any plans to expand into Europe?

I've yet to find a retailer online, or otherwise, that offers the range at the price with the customer support that we all appreciate with Axminster. Having said that. Whether the problem over here is to do with demand or supply I do not know but I would be interested to know if Axminster have investigated the market over here.

Cheers

Andy
Andy, I'll make the enquiry for you. From what I can gather, the tool and equipment situation in la belle France is pretty dire - Rob

rob, you are right. I am not sure I understand the reasons. It could be that there is not the demand ie people here are less interested in creative hobbies or that it is too expensive (overheads) for businesses to supply tools and equipment at price to generate a demand.

There is a different approach to home ownership and home improvement eg we are about to have a small shower room redecorated and I want to replace a normal socket with a shaver socket (current location about 6" from the sink!! Screwfix have about 30 types available but over here the DIY sheds do not stock any, and online I can find just one or if I had a trade account, I could buy a pack of 10 from a trade only wholesaler.

cheers

Andy

The team at Axminster have had their final meeting this afternoon and are 'good to go' on Friday. They ask that the earliest we arrive is 9.30 and they will provide several staff to usher us into our parking slots at Keytec. Grub will be wraps, quiche, sandwiches and that sort of stuff, but there will be non-meat options for anyone who's vegetarian, with tea, coffee (they'd better have lots of it for PaulC :lol: ) and water as well.

Anyone with any special dietary needs, please let me know by Thursday morning at the latest - Rob

Back