Ax - FINAL ARRANGEMENTS, NAME BADGES

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
..and I'm going back tomorrow to pick up one of the bags I left behind (Doh!!)

(and so that the wife can go to the River Cottage Café.)

Sincere thanks to Ian Styles and all his staff for making us all feel so welcome and giving us such an entertaining and informative day. Also a big thanks to Rob for organising this.

Si.

P.S. the freebie secret gift was appreciated too!!

knappers":2nb72fdn said:
Sincere thanks to Ian Styles and all his staff for making us all feel so welcome and giving us such an entertaining and informative day. Also a big thanks to Rob for organising this.

Si.

P.S. the freebie secret gift was appreciated too!!

+1

Twas a great day, thank you Axminster and thank you Rob, I thoroughly enjoyed it and found it most interesting. I was a little concerned as I went on my own and not having met anyone before thought I would be a billy no mates, but soon settled into the very friendly atmosphere. Hopefully we'll get the chance to hook up again in the not too distant future 8)

Well, what a cracking day - marred only by the distressing caning inflicted to my credit card - but what's a chap to do when offered an ex-demo Tormek T7 with all the chisel and plane iron attachments for under £250, and numerous other goodies for under half price!

We split in to two groups, and the first group spent the morning in the Skills Centre playing with various toys and picking through the "bin ends" before we met up again for lunch to be followed by a guided tour of the warehouse and machining facility. All very impressive, in particular the machining area - all VERY good news for the future of tools in this country.

Many thanks to Ian Styles and his staff for their warm welcome, their willingness to impart their knowledge with good humour and their overall hospitality - from reception, through to the workshops and the hard work of the hospitality staff. Also thanks to Rob for arranging it all. The only thing we didn't see was anyone leaving empty handed.

Nice to meet up and have a chat with Paul Chapman, Rob (Woodbloke), Aiden (The Tiddles), Tony (Escudo), Shane and many others.

Here's the steam bending of a windsor chairback workshop
DSC01961.JPG

Steve Maskery in full flow
DSC01971.JPG

Now this is what I call a party bag!
DSC01972.JPG

Was good speaking to you as well Rog, also a pleasure chatting to Steve Maskery, Dodge, Tiddles, Alan Beech, Liam, Tim, Bob9f, Alan Hudson, Alan Garner, EssexChris and any others who's names evade me, was cool chatting to you all 8)

It must be noted that the energy put in by Ian and the rest of the staff was most impressive, we were very well looked after. The family vibe and enthusiasm they have for their company can only be a very good sign of things to come, well done, just don't keep putting your prices up by 20% each year :lol:

btw I left relatively unscathed and spent only £25 - result :D

Agreed, a really excellent day, thanks to Rob for organising it and the team at Axminster for everything they put on for us, I really enjoyed it and meeting some other members

Aidan

Yes, a really great day and many thanks to Ian and his team for their hospitality and enthusiasm. And it was nice to meet up with so many forum members and old friends.

I would like to say a particular thank you to Tim Styles for his demonstration of steam bending and chair making. He made it look really good fun. I'm even more determined now to make a chair :)

Cheers :wink:

Paul

I totally agree with everyone's comments.

A thoroughly enjoyable and enlightening day.

(Like others have already expressed) I am so grateful for the hard work of the staff at Axminster - sincere thanks to all for the hours of planning and preparation that had clearly been expended - it certainly showed and was appreciated. Thanks are also due for the great catering and extremely generous 'goodie' bag! :D

It was also good to have the opportunity to put some faces to names

Oh - and last but certainly not least - My thanks also to Rob for organising the visit in the first instance. =D>

Liam

My thanks has to go to Rob first for organising this with Axminster and to Axminster especially who as everyone said laid on a really special day for all of us my thanks to them specially as i went in my wheel chair and they could not do enough for me, a personalised person to push me round especially as they thought i might have a problem with their carpets and he was also full of great information about the site and what goes on. Everyone from our group were so helpful as well as others members i met today also. Also thanks go to Paul for giving me a lift down to Axminster as it was very much appreciated. If ever Rob or anyone wants to set something up like this again to axminster or any other places then count me in again as i have never enjoyed myself so much. Thanks again to all. Tim

Glad everyone enjoyed the day...I predicted this would be a cracking day out and so it proved to be. My thanks also to Ian Styles and the rest of the guys at Axminster, great also to meet old friends from the forum and meet newer members. Here's the really good bit though...

Ian may very well be up for the same sort of event next year!...and if members are happy, I'd be glad to organise it again - Rob - who's CC took a bit of a beating, but not as severe as RogM :lol: :lol:

I would just like to add my thanks to everybody for today. To Rob for organising the event and for the staff at Axminster for providing a grand day out. Really enjoyable. Quite an operation they have there.

Thank you all.

Bob

Well I think it has all been said on previous posts ......................+100 from me to all the staff at Axminster for an enjoyable day
thanks Rob for organising

Dave

A great day out.
Thanks to Rob and the fantastic hospitality of the folks at Axminster.
Nice to put faces to names - even though they were the real ones on our name tags! :)
Superb bargains to be had in the Skill Centre and to cap it all on leaving, an amazing generous gift!

Rod

Only now got to sit down at the computer...

... bloomin' brilliant day.

The Axminster team really pulled out all the stops, and it was thoroughly enjoyable.

Thanks to Rob for organizing and to the evident hard work the Axminster folks put in to the day. And as for the secret gift, delightful, and unexpected too.

So grateful thanks to all concerned.

E.

What a fantastic setup,
I have visited several of the shops over the years (including the original town centre shops in Axminster) but had not experienced the ethos of Ian and his team in such a huge dose previously - backs up all the good comments about ATC on this forum over the years.

The secret gift left me feeling well pleased as it complimented the other Veritas items I purchased today that I had deliberated over this last week.

Thanks for you generosity Ian, and well done Rob for making this happen.

That’s my woodworking ‘show’ fix done for 2012!

I’ll certainly like to ‘make a date’ for the next event Ian and his team may organise.

Mike

A great day out, fascinating tour of the Axminster facility, hadn't appreciated the sheer scale of their operation before, the warehouse is massive and state of the art, and the production facilities fascinating and impressive.

We were looked after magnificently on the day, very well fed and watered, and the time and help given by Ian and all his staff was greatly appreciated.

The "bin ends" room was amazing too and loads of irresistible bargains :oops: :lol:

Great to catch up with everybody on the day as well.

Cheers, Paul

Back