AW106PT2 Planer/Thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeanN

Established Member
Reaction score
Could anyone thats recently purchased this model of planer/thicknesser from Axminster please advise if its comes with a 13amp or 16amp plug. I can't find any mention on the website, and I forgot to ask them earlier when I spoke to them.

Cheers, Dean.

Yes, mine arrived a few days ago and it's got a 13amp plug. You're right about the axy tablesaw though, mine came with a 16amp plug too, not sure why though, I've fitted a 13amp plug and it hasn't blown a fuse or tripped the mcb yet.

P.

I bought a 16amp socket and made an extension cable with a 13amp plug on the other end. Seems to be ok - no smoking wires or tripped fuses yet. I've just had a quote to run a new 16amp supply to the garage from the house, and supply a mix of 13amp and 16amp overhead sockets - £300.

I bought one about a year ago. It came with a 13 Amp plug but about once in every 10 starts it would trip the breaker.

I now run it from a 16 Amp supply using 16 Amp extension with a 13 Amp socket on the end.

Peter T":2a3lvfkk said:
I bought one about a year ago. It came with a 13 Amp plug but about once in every 10 starts it would trip the breaker.

I now run it from a 16 Amp supply using 16 Amp extension with a 13 Amp socket on the end.

Mine came with a 13amp plug (about a year ago) and tripped on every start. It was down to a faultly motor which Axi promptly sent out a replacement and a set of spare blades for my trouble.

I have mine on a 20a type B NCB and its never tripped. I have now moved all the machines on to a 32a Type B NCB as I have also installed an Isolating switch on the ring main to kill all power to all machines at once. It hasn't tripped this yet.

HTH

If you haven't already got dust/chip extraction its the one thing you WILL need.
I found this out as I brought mine without an extractor. The chippings just clog up under the block and then starts throw chippings at you from above the table. Used mine once then ordered an extractor.

Thanks - I've a DX4000 that's currently connected to the table saw. My plan is to share this between the saw and planer until funds allow another dedicated extractor - probably the SIP 01929 that was mentioned here a few weeks back, and dedicate that to the table saw. Alternatively, if I can find one at the right money, a DX5000 and create an extraction system from that.

Back