Attention all WoodRatters!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aldel

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,
There is a new woodrat gradually filtering through the system which has a revised channel incorporating five T-slots. Being a keen modery/jigger I have succumbed to a new one with the intention of eventually moving on my old faithful.

P1011895.JPG

I am both pleased and dissapointed with the new one as it is marred by some quality control issues. It has not been designated with a new model number and if you are a new purchaser then it is pot luck which one you get until old stocks run out. They are both good and work in the same way so I don't think to much importance should be placed on the model.

For a first impressions review take a look here http://www.aldel.co.uk/Reviews10.htm

Aldel :D

Quick question - what are the merits or possibilities of mounting a rat on the side of a substantial bench.

I am wondering if this could be a more flexible solution to permanent wall mounting.

Esc.

Esc
I do this at the moment. I used to have it mounted on the wall but since moving to my new workshop I havent found a suitable place. So it gets clamped onto the bench when I want to use it.
Hope this helps
Philly :D

i would guess the only disadvantage of mounting on a normal height bench is the length of wood you can dangle is reduced. :roll:

if your bench is only 900 high,then you can only cut a length about 850 long, whereas on the wall you could go up wherever you want, say 1220.

but the basic design lets you go where you want.

paul :wink:

Back