atkinson walker

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L Harding

Established Member
Reaction score
So i think this may have been done before, so apologies if im asking people to repeat themselves, but..

What do people think of atkinson walker saw blades? Also proTrade V's Industrial range? (im not sure i like the idea of a disposable blades)

I have a ProTrade and really rate it. As good if not better than Freud. Very nice indeed.

According to BW`s latest edition Atkinson Walker blades can be re-sharpened 10 times free at their factory.

So worth the extra expense.

Just to clarify that was a misprint - a little optimistic perhaps or maybe a confusion with Ashley Iles who do offer free resharpening?

The figure for the saving over the life of the blade was accurate though: price of an industrial blade plus 10 sharpenings versus the price of 11 ProTrade blades, factoring in all the postage costs etc.

The biggest advantage of the industrial blades is that they reveal the true potential of the tool. Most manufacturers fit replaceable blades in an effort to keep the all important headline price down, The only one that I'm aware of who fit industrial grade blades to their new machines are Festool.

Prices for re-sharpening can be found here.

I took a factory fitted Kapex blade in for sharpening and got moaned at because the depth of the teeth varied nearly b#ggered up the saw sharpening machine. I had to agree with him when he showed me the variation, it was noticeable. I fitted a Freud and have been more than happy with it.

Back