Atkinson Walker Saws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

memzey

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a number of their circular saws for some of my machines. Was trying to place an order at one of their retailers yesterday (won’t say which one) and was informed that they had gone out of business. Absolutely gutted if true. Best saws I have tried by far.

Another top quality manufacturer lost in Britain, I think the problem was hardly anyone knew they existed, unlike Tuff Saws which seems to have a very good following and a lot of word of mouth spread. The only supplier I knew of was Workshop Heaven and they stopped supplying them about a year and a half ago, even then there were no advertisements for the sawblades or anything so you didn't really know they had them until you looked around.

If they've gone out of business that's a shame (I checked the link, and as someone already said, their web site still works today (Sat 1st Sept).

I'm by no means an expert, nor a "serious" user, but based on recommendations from this Forum I contacted them direct a couple of years back to buy a couple of blades for my SCMS. The service was excellent, as was the price, and the blades are still very good - and they even knew straight away that you don't charge VAT to non-EU customers, which is more than you can say for several other UK companies!

Re their Marketing, they seemed surprised to get an order "from an unknown individual in the middle of nowhere" and when they asked I mentioned this Forum and sent them a link by E-mail. But I've never seen them advertised here (nor anywhere else come to that), so perhaps the comment by a poster above suggesting their Marketing is/was lacking is correct?

I dunno, but a pity if they've gone. Their blades were cheaper than the Freud blades I've seen on the shelf here. (Just about everything is cheaper in UK - and just about every other European country too - than in Switzerland)!

"Means "out of business for good". Probably, unless someone buys them, possible but unlikely I guess. As said, shame.

There saws were IMO superb, but I agree their marketing was appalling. You needed to know they existed to find them / know how good they were.

I had a making my own saws fetish for a while and called in and brought 2 dovetail saw plate with the teeth punched. Anyway after making a lovely apple handle sorting the nuts etc I sharpened the saw expecting the best...it was terrible the steel was to soft.

Most of my blades are from AW. Very good blades and they were local to me. Sham they're gone now as the company that sharpened my last blades made a bit of a balls up. :(

Sad news that they went out of business, explains why I couldn’t get hold of them to get a saw blade at the start of the year.

Worth checking out: http://www.ebsaws.com/
I have ordered two custom spec saw blades from them and so far they seem excellent, I would even say they are better then the Atkinson walker blade I have.

Hello, not sure your aware but Sheffield Industrial Saws bought Atkinson walker. AW now known as walker tools import blades from china into UK whilst Sheffield industrial still manafacture saw blades in UK but supplement some of there pro trade blades with walker blades.

I.e walker tools is the import side and Sheffield industrial saws the sister company still manufacture there blades most probably the industrial stuff

Latest posts

Back