Atkin & Cripps

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Waka

I know that Gidon has used them and found them to be good. He went to their Plymouth(?) branch.

They also do a mail order service which David (?), the chairmaker and writer, recommended. He said that he would order say, 15 cube and find ten that were really good. He said that this saved him all of the travelling, time and associated costs.

HTH.

Cheers
Neil

Waka
Neil's right - I use their Plymouth (Sasltash) branch for nearly all my hardwood. I think they're pretty good - they will help you sort through the wood - no matter how much you want. They carry a good selection - although mainly imported from America. And their prices are good (Although worth getting their price list - the lady who takes the money seems to price according to how she feels which unsurprisingly bugs me.)
Cheers
Gidon

Waka,

Take a look here.
The Stortford branch has moved and I have not been to the new site, but I found them very helpful. 8)

DaveL":qj3ox2ef said:
Waka,

Take a look here.
The Stortford branch has moved and I have not been to the new site, but I found them very helpful. 8)

Dave

Thanks for the lead to the thread, I'm going to give them a ring tomorrow just to get a feel for them.

I don't need any wood at the moment, just stocked up, but I like to talk to people long before I buy.

Back