• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold Ashley Iles set of carving chisels. Available middle of January 2024.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mc281

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I am selling a box of very early Ashley Iles carving chisels. Beech handles, gold labels and embossed blades. Made when they were in Sheffield and extremely good stuff. These were my Dad's and it looks as though one has been used once.
They won't be available until January because I want to run the blades through the buffing machine at our workshop to remove some very slight surface discolouration on a couple of them. Most edges are factory fresh.
I thought I might use them but they've been in their box for the last 10 years and it's a real shame no-one can use them.
Please PM me if you are interested.

1. Sellers must have 25 posts to create a listing here.
  2. All items must be directly related to UKW-specific topics (excluding the General Chat forum). No DVD, telescope, vehicles, etc.
  3. Items listed should be properly described and include a fixed price as well as a reasonably precise (within reason) location for collection or delivery purposes. Images are required.
  4. Sellers cannot use this forum for any commercial or advertising purposes. On a one off basis, at the discretion of moderators, members may be able to list surplus items from a larger purchase.
  5. This site does not accept responsibility for any issues that may arise through the sale or free offering of an item. As in any sale of this nature members are advised to take the usual precautions. Caveat emptor.
  6. New members will not be able to send PM’s regarding posts in this section until their post count exceeds 3. If required reply directly in the thread.
  7. Any posts that are seen as inappropriate or unsuitable will be removed. Unhelpful or critical replies to posts will not be tolerated.
  8. The above rules and guidance may be amended at any time.

1. Sellers must have 25 posts to create a listing here.
  2. All items must be directly related to UKW-specific topics (excluding the General Chat forum). No DVD, telescope, vehicles, etc.
  3. Items listed should be properly described and include a fixed price as well as a reasonably precise (within reason) location for collection or delivery purposes. Images are required.
  4. Sellers cannot use this forum for any commercial or advertising purposes. On a one off basis, at the discretion of moderators, members may be able to list surplus items from a larger purchase.
  5. This site does not accept responsibility for any issues that may arise through the sale or free offering of an item. As in any sale of this nature members are advised to take the usual precautions. Caveat emptor.
  6. New members will not be able to send PM’s regarding posts in this section until their post count exceeds 3. If required reply directly in the thread.
  7. Any posts that are seen as inappropriate or unsuitable will be removed. Unhelpful or critical replies to posts will not be tolerated.
  8. The above rules and guidance may be amended at any time.
Ah hadn't seen that a price was needed to list.... Sorry...I was waiting until I had polished them up to decide on a price.
I will be selling for £150 but not until polished and photographed in January.
There six in the box plus 1 extra so 7 in total.

Not in the market, but I would deprioritise the polishing if I were you, these will sell anyway. To the user, polishing will add very little (me personally, none at all).

Not interesting in adding value but I prefer lovely tools so wouldn't sell anything but to someone else. The price is already set in any case.
The only thing to add might be postage if not a collection sale.

Pictures? Price?
Changed listing now they've been buffed up. Two guys said they wanted 1st refusal but neither have responded so far.

Attachments

• PXL_20240104_153238207.jpg
    PXL_20240104_153238207.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240104_153218206.jpg
    PXL_20240104_153218206.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Back