Ashley Iles Factory

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lurker

Le dullard de la commune
Reaction score
"Visits To Ashley Iles
Visitors are welcome to the factory.
Factory tours can be arranged for groups of 10 to 15 people."

Anyone fancy a trip there sometime in the spring?

Hi, Lurker

Put me down for one place, don't think the wife will want to go :wink:

Pete

Went there on the way to the out-laws once. They are lovely people (the out-laws aren't so bad either!) and it was fascinating for me. Bought a few things whilst there. The spring hammer and the grinding wheels are incredible.

Remember driving past the driveway inadvertently a few times, it feels like it is the middle of nowhere in that it's not on an industrial park. It's in the midst of fields.

When I get a lathe I planning another visit to pick up some bits and pieces.

If you do go, plan to pay a visit to The Old Tool Store which is run by their brother Ray and has some great tools. Bought some plane irons and plan to get an old plane reground on my next trip. Check his website.

Enjoy the trip.

Yep! Count me in too.

Google maps puts it at 149 miles and 3H 10mins from me. That sounds like a damn fine day out on the bike if the weather's nice - and I reckon I can get that time down a bit too :whistle:
If we're into keeping vehicles to a minimum, potential pillions must provide their own gear. :wink:

I know I could look them up, but you all seem to know, where is there factory? BTW, over 3 hours for 150 miles? Only if the traffic is bad and there's a lot of minor road, did a 150 mile trip in 2 hours yesterday

MarkW":2asf25oc said:
Yep! Count me in too.

Google maps puts it at 149 miles and 3H 10mins from me. That sounds like a damn fine day out on the bike if the weather's nice - and I reckon I can get that time down a bit too :whistle:
If we're into keeping vehicles to a minimum, potential pillions must provide their own gear. :wink:

I'm on the A16, just off the A1 Mark - pop in for a cuppa and we can ride out together....

I would be up for it. I reckon i could be there in 15mins from my workshop. Is it weekend or weekday.

Jon

Depending on the date I might brave it with Mark. Not in this weather tho! ;)

NickWelford":2xd60okg said:
MarkW":2xd60okg said:
Yep! Count me in too.

I'm on the A16, just off the A1 Mark - pop in for a cuppa and we can ride out together....

Sounds good, I'll be due a brew about then.

Just thought I'd give this thread a bump to see if there's been any movement on this idea, now the weather is improving.
Anybody know how far in advance we need to book? Are all parties still interested?
Anybody have a date in mind yet, I think most of us will need a couple of weeks notice at least.

Back