Ashley Iles bevel edge chisels

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jonbikebod":22mo1ljv said:
Then again you could buy the long handled version for £29.95 each from Axminster and convert them.

They still haven't fixed that pricing anomaly?

BugBear

Its been a week since I e-mailed Ashley Iles regarding these chisels and no reply. I was led to believe the customer service was exemplary!

I think the telephone is your best bet - the Isles are not renowned for the email skills?

Rod :)

Hi Andy,

Sorry I just picked up on this thread. Please send them to:

Workshop Heaven Ltd
South Cottage
Main St
Sibford Gower
Banbury
OX15 5RT

Include your return address and we will get them sorted out as quickly as possible and sent back to you along with a cheque to cover your postage costs, (or we can use paypal if you prefer).

The new AI Bevel Edge will be available within the next month or so, they have changed the grind slightly to get the edges even thinner, put smaller handles on the 1" and below (you can now get the new smaller handles retro-fitted to your Mk 1's if you wish - charged at the cost of the new handles plus postage). They have also spent a lot of time and effort over the last few months getting the backs substantially flatter than the Mk 1's. The samples I have tested have been within a tenth of a millimetre measured against a block of float glass with a feeler gauge.

AIBEMK2R.jpg

Achieving the combination of thin blades and ultra thin edges and flat backs at the same time, has been the difficult bit. Hitting two out of three is a comparative doddle, but getting all three, consistently, in a production environment is very, very tricky indeed.

And yes, they are very definitely made in England.

Latest posts

Back