Ash Platter

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penman

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Just spent an hour in the shed Brrrrrr. Still I managed to knock out this little platter.

DSCF0164.jpg
DSCF0165.jpg

DSCF0166.jpg
DSCF0169.jpg

DSCF0170.jpg

It is 9 3/4" X 2" Ash, oiled with foodsafe oil.

Malcolm

Hi Malcolm,
A very nice piece, with a lovely piece of wood turned into a potentially very useful item.
Ability at turning is obviously directly linked to having a top name!!

Malc :D

Clean smooth lines, one of those classic forms and ageless pieces, like the positive but low key highlight.

Certainly wasn't an hour wasted Malcolm, I reckon that's a crackin piece. I'd also echo what the other Malc said ; it looks really utilitarian. I can imagine it as a table centre full of fruit or nuts.
Thanks for sharing, John

Doug

Yes it will be in the wednesday competition.

Will I see you on monday???

Malcolm

Bot a big fan of ash but that piece is different. If you are putting it into a competition I thibnk it may classify as a bowl though. Whatever it is ist's a lovely piece of work. Good luck

Pete

Ha-Ha, now i know what the competition looks like :wink:.
I`m wondering now if it`s worth entering my effort :lol: :lol: .

PM sent regarding Monday.

Cheers.

Very nice Malcolm.
Can I ask how you did the burn ring underneath please which looks very snazzy :lol:
I have only done it before with thin wire but yours looks thicker!.
Cheers
Steve

Steve

I started by cutting the groove with the side of a 1/4" parting tool then using the wire to burn the wood, when it starts to burn just move the wire gently from side to side in order to burn the edges of the grove.

Malcolm

Back