Asbestos

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdamM

Reaction score
I am removing a corrugated asbestos roof {fully hazmatted up !) and have not yet booked a removal and disposal service. Does anyone have any advice for getting the best outcome? The prices seem to vary wildly. Large quantity - about 80m/sq. Thanks, Adam

Have you contacted your local council? Around my neck of the woods the council will allow you to take asbestos to a designated dump free of charge if it’s from a domestic property.
They only allow this once from any one property & you have to follow a quite strict procedure, I used this service years ago when I took down an old conservatory & found the remains of an asbestos garage under the footings :rolleyes:
I wasn’t allowed to take it in a commercial vehicle so borrowed a small trailer.

you can buy the double bags from ebay. check the spec though because the cheapest ones aren't necessarily compliant with what the tips require. Some local authorities charge for removal, but it is a lot less than getting somebody to do it. 80m2 is about 30 sheets I would think is it?

Back