As if to emphasise the point

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cottonwood

Established Member
Reaction score
LOL I posted recently about discovering a nice planing stop in my bench, and of my intention to refurb it and include it in my refurbed bench.
Today I had a rather nasty experience. I had set a screw at one end of a heavy plank, to use as a tempory planing stop to plane a smaller plank. Usually I remove them as soon as I finish. But today somehow I got distracted. When I later was planing the heavy plank, I was totally oblivious to the screw that was still in there, and managed to crush my little finger between the screw and the side of my scrub plane.

Nasty by goldsmithexile1, on Flickr
Effectively I have ended up with a sort of scratch stock groove about an inch long up the side of the finger :lol: . It was a bit tom and jerry throbbing for an hour or so, its now black and blue and about twiice its normal size.
Anyway, moral of story, I swore I wont ever use the screw in planing stop method ever again, its hardened the resolve to get the proper bench stop up and running (or should that be fixed in and static?)

Latest posts

Back