Arundel Lathe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgoyder

Reaction score
I have an Arundel Woodturning Lathe that I acquired about a year ago on the 'you know what' site. It seems to work fine and I am learning about wood turning.
I would like to get a live centre as the current fixed centre burns a hole in the wood.
So,
1. Does anyone know about these lathes?
2. Who might sell something like a live centre?
3. I have some round items that screw onto the spindle but have an outer ring that screws onto an inner ring with a large hole inside. If that makes sense to any one what are they for please? I might add that there are three but the outer ring only fits on one although they are very similar in diameter. I could send someone a picture if that would help.
Cheers David

Welcome to the forum, David.

Not much help really, but there's a page about them here. They might be able to tell you what size of morse taper it takes, which should make acquiring a live centre a piece of cake. The mystery items are, well, mysterious to me. :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Thanks for your reply, mine is the J4 at the bottom of the page. At least it is not an orphan any more! I will try to put up a picture of the round bits!.
Cheers

Latest posts

Back