Article on hand-cut dovetails?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pidgeonpost

Established Member
Reaction score
A while back there was a lively thread on one of the forums on the marking and cutting of hand-cut dovetails. I'm almost sure that one of the members was putting together an article on this, but I don't seem able to find the article(s) I viewed before. Can anyone kindly confirm or deny that this exists and point me in the general direction please?
Many thanks!

Roger - many thanks for these links - I've had a quick browse, but will take a longer look and print a couple of the articles out. The first link has some really good photos - and I wish my dovetails looked like that!

Thanks again.

pidgeonpost":mwuauwtn said:
A while back there was a lively thread on one of the forums on the marking and cutting of hand-cut dovetails. I'm almost sure that one of the members was putting together an article on this, but I don't seem able to find the article(s) I viewed before. Can anyone kindly confirm or deny that this exists and point me in the general direction please?
Many thanks!

I have written a detailed one on the 'How-To' section at the top of this page - under Houndstooth Dovetails

pidgeonpost":2a0rm1iy said:
Tony - thanks for that pointer - very impressive looking dovetails! Think I'll need to polish up on the basic ones first though!

Regards,

PP

No problem. the tutorial will also show you how to cut 'normal' DTS, just ignore the HT bits et voila!

Back