Are these any good?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember being quite embarrassed when a good friend popped round for me to do some repair for him. I have all my tools in old filing cabinet type drawers. These were actually picked up from the local police, apparently used to keep villains photographs in the old days, so eight very sturdy cabinets with seven shallow drawers each. I label everything so he pulled open the drawers marked screwdrivers, and then insisted we count them all. I think it was about 110! He was overjoyed, having always taken the mickey about my love of tools. Ever since he has delighted in getting people to ask me how many screwdrivers I have. I didn't have the nerve to point out that this didn't include a quite large collection of jewellers sizes elsewhere! :)
You can never have enough screwdrivers. My friend went into the hospital for a-knee replacement . She had someold hardware in here bones from an operation some 27 years ago. It had to be removed and they did not have the correct screwdriver head to fit the old hardware. She suffered from huge nerve pain in leg for two weeks after, as they had her leg tourniquet off for extra time trying to source this screwdriver. If they had of kept all there old ones it would not have been a problem.

I must have at least 100 turning tools if not more. And 7 lathe's 😳
Excellent I’m not alone! I have 5 small lathes cunningly stored in the study and 5 slightly larger machines in the garage. I was worried that I was becoming slightly obsessed but it’s clearly quite normal behaviour! Cheers Blister👍

A few years ago I passed on about eight Stanley 803s (I've stil got two) and sold at least two hundred chisels. I tidied up a bench and found twenty five squares, Stanley knives, tapes and forty one pencils.

Any 10mm sockets?

Excellent I’m not alone! I have 5 small lathes cunningly stored in the study and 5 slightly larger machines in the garage. I was worried that I was becoming slightly obsessed but it’s clearly quite normal behaviour! Cheers Blister👍
I shall have to share this with the boss. She definitely thinks that four metal and one woodworking lathes are OTT. 50+ handbags, perfectly normal apparently. :)

I am sure one of the guys on the Harrison lathes group has five or six M300 lathes of different ages and sizes, oh to have the room, and the dosh. Mind you not sure the "oh that old thing, had it for years" would work really :)

Treated myself to a new lath for my 60th....
SWMBO, "Is that another new lathe you have"
Me"Oh that old thing, had it years, just been restoring it to original condition!"
SWMBO," ...then why does it say, latest 2023 model on it
Me without missing a heart beat, "Darling that means a 20 inch bowl & a 23 inch long"
SWMBO,"so the other one is 20 inch bowl 22 inch long?
Me, "of course darling!
SWMBO, "God the things a man will do for an extra inch" she smiled
on the way out SWMBO said quietly, " well, my 5904 husband is now 6004 then!"

ouch, 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

I am sure one of the guys on the Harrison lathes group has five or six M300 lathes of different ages and sizes, oh to have the room, and the dosh. Mind you not sure the "oh that old thing, had it for years" would work really :)
Just keep going after a while workshop tools have little interest 👍

Back