Are there any electrical engineers here?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chems

Established Member
Reaction score
Are any of your experts with electronics. I've been looking for something for a while but can't find what I want. I'm after a programmable chip (preferably C lang) that can take input from 4 simple buttons and switch a 240v socket via relay as output. It seems simple enough but I know next to nothing about electronics so can't really find what I need.

Any help much appreciated!

It's not clear why you need programable ? if you just want to switch things with buttons ?

Tell me more !

google PIC chip too, they are pretty simple things

Well what I want is thus in pseudo form:

Press btn 1 - output on 1 second

Press btn 2 - output on 1 second reverse current

Press btn 3 - output on for length of accumulated time of btn 1 minus btn 2 amount.

Press btn 4 - output on reverse for length of accumulated time of btn 2 minus btn 1 amount.

So I need a little more than just switching.

Thanks for the PIC nod, that does look like the right sort of thing!

PM me more details if you don't want to post them here, and I'll have a think for you

Rich

You may want to have a look at the Propeller chip from Parallax. It can be programmed in C (Google for Catalina) although its native development language (Spin) is very simple to learn.
The UK supplier is Spinvent.co.uk. There is a nice prototyping board (http://www.spinvent.co.uk/product%20inf ... B_PIP.html) that has everything already on it - you just need a power supply and a USB cable.

If distance is critical, I'd use a marked shaft / wheel, and a counter , rather than a timer, and maybe microswitches for the return stop. But without knowing more, it's hard to say.

Back