Are irwin/Record and Record Power sash clamps the same?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derek S

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

The title says it all really what i would like to know is are these 2 companies 1 and the same irwin/Record and Record Power the reason for this are the sash clamps their is quite s difference in price as i desperatly need to replace my http://www.rutlands.co.uk/hand-tools/cl ... -duty-jaws I bought them based on the reviews and price and do i regret it, they are totally hopeless, the jaws aren't straight so they mark the wood even under relatively light pressure, the actuall jaw attached to the handle sticks and binds making it very difficult to tighten or even loosen for that matter, the plastic red cover on the jaw face has comme away on all 6 clamps etc, so i'm after some decent clamps, i looked at the bessey range but they are expensive i know they are good but if i can get a range of clamps of varieing sizes i'll be happy. and from watching the odd woodworking programme alot seem to be using sash clamps so i thought this is the route i'd go.

They are different firms but the sash cramps are more or less the same. I have some old, original Records, some Irwin Records and some Record Power sash cramps and they are all equally good. I now buy the Record Power ones as you can normally get them cheaper. Excellent value because they last for ever.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Back