Aquamac 21 Weatherstrip Required Profile

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomf

Established Member
Reaction score
I am making an external door frame and going to use Aquamac 21 Weatherstrip but seen 2 different designs for the strip.
1:
Wide rabbit to take the width of the strip
TRE12C207_1.jpg

2:
Just the 2.7mm slot to take the seal
external-door-frame-seal-aquamac-21-weatherstrip-6m-p130-330_image.jpg

The dedicated router bit does the extra rabbit but I've not got one of those so I was going to use a table saw to cut the rebate for the door and the kerf slot.
Also will I get away with 3mm grove not 2.7?

Thank you!

edit: I put the wrong image in so it did not make sense!

It can fit in a groove only. Positioned in the back as shown it will act as a compression seal. Allow a 5 to 6mm gap.

A standard saw blade is 3.2mm and is a bit loose (from memory). If its no more than 3mm you might get away with it and sometimes the groove closes up a bit after a few days so may become tight enough.

Best to get Quest or Reddiseals to send you a sample pack to try. The Q-lon seals are the equivalent to Schlegal aquamac and work well, sometimes a bit cheaper.

Thank you Robin, not seen Reddiseals before and their router bit is much more palatable at ~£8 not £45

Thank you Mr T, I am going to have a go with just a saw cut first as I think I have some thinner blades. But I may take you up on that offer :)

Latest posts

Back