• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Anyone sell web hosting packages?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

stevebuk

Established Member
Reaction score
my current host has decided to call it a day on the hosting front so i need another supplier, i have my own domain name so i am just looking for somewhere to set up my website.
If not does anyone know of a good place that does it monthly and DOESN'T want payment for 12/24 months upfront!!!

cheers

Jacob

Pint of bass, porkpie, and packet of crisps please
Reaction score
123-reg is OK. I doubt anyone would do it monthly. It's only a few quid for a year.

monkeybiter

Established Member
Reaction score
I searched around for my lad's website, settled with tsohost [uk based], good reviews and economical, 123 had loads of critics.
Also I seem to remember Hudson Carpentry on here resells hosting.

StevieB

Established Member
Reaction score
Just steer clear of 1and1 - biggest load of shysters going and absolutely useless when you phone them up! Tom over at TWH was offering to build and hosts sites a while ago - might do hosting only if you want to build it?

Steve

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
Steve

We use 5quidhost for couple of our websites...they get a good review here. http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews68837.html. We use 123 as our registrar...not sure that I would use them for hosting.

For my own website where I wanted to ensure that there was always a very good response time to anyone browsing and also had a high uptime then I went for LChost.

monkeybiter

Established Member
Reaction score
Also be aware that most other review sites are paid affiliates of the sites they review, the more referrals the more they get paid.

Hudson Carpentry

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes thats correct I sell hosting space.

I do monthly payments also but for the most common package sold (£20ish a year) which is normally more then anyone needs we only offer yearly payments. Monthly payments is for packages that cost £50 or more. Unless you require SSL servers, more than 2 databases and cron jobs then the £20 a year package is most suited. If you don't require a database and your site don't require a lot of bandwidth, we do a package for £5 which is suited for small trades websites, hobby sites etc. We also do Linux and Microsoft hosting so can cater for most programing codes.