Anyone read Chinese??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
Here is part of my latest creation. I say part as it isn't finished yet although it is almost there. It is a gate for SWMBO that is long overdue. Just finished the lettering on the top and thought you might be interested. Oh SWMBO is Chinese by the way. :wink:
goodluckxg6.jpg

here's a closer view of the lettering.
chinesesd8.jpg

no jehovahs
no double glazing salesmen

good work alan !!!
are you learning to speak chinese as well as carve it ???

Good try guys, It actually reads: 'Good luck and Prosperity' I did like the comment about No Jehova's or double glazing salesmen Mel. :D yes I do speak a little Chinese although I have not tried learning to read it yet. There are over 3000 characters in their alphabet!! It is said you can learn to speak it in around two years but it takes around seven to learn to read it! This one was translated by SWMBO for me. 'Shay, Shay, Ni' (Thank you) :)

very impressive. Is this your first carving or have you been doing it for a while?

No Wizer I have done a few signs in the past. I only use hardwood normally but the gates are softwood and it was a pain trying not to snap any of the character parts off. :roll: Oh I should also mention that all of my signs were in English before. :wink:

Back