Anyone play guitar?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JFC":1tvl5fw3 said:
( been a bass player in a few bands)

Hey JFC

I am a Bass player too! What stuff do you play and what gear do you use???

I play a Wal 5 string through a Eden preamp, Peavey power amp and Epifani 2x10 cab.

ScanImage0076.jpg

Real fun! Thank goodness for home studios on a computer :lol:
If it was me I would of fixed the odd bum note..... :wink:
Philly :D

Nice bass . I played mainly swing jive in big bands using a Trace elliot GP12 SMX and a double bass . I bought a Framus when i joined a rockabilly band but the double bass sounded better so i never got to play it on stage .

I've been playing the guitar for about 10 years and I'm into progressive rock/metal so that link should have appealed to me, but I very much hate that arrangement. The original piece was beautiful but I'm a member of a few guitar-orientated forums and that arrangement is posted so often its heart breaking to find it making its way into a woodworking forum. :p

Anyway, the second link is the guy who actually wrote that arrangement. It's rather sad though to find out a large number of people actually think he composed the piece, despite the original composers name being at the start..

Davy

Sorry, but I prefer the original Pachelbel version :D We had it arranged for flute and organ when I married SWMBO for the signing of the register. Not quite sure the electric guitar version would have fitted the mood :shock:

As to you tube, I have always found this amazing, especially towards the latter half

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8oxlPoZNbU

but I am a tone deaf definately not musically gifted individual so Im not sure how hard it is to do!

Steve.

Philly":p8v9foaq said:
Real fun! Thank goodness for home studios on a computer :lol:
If it was me I would of fixed the odd bum note..... :wink:
Philly :D

If it was me I would have needed a mainframe to cope with fixing all my bum notes :oops: And I've been playing for almost 27 years!

Nice bit of playing anyway for a youngster.

Lee.

Drummer here if that's any help! Most styles catered for, available for weddings, birthdays & barmitzvahs..bahmitsfahs barm......comming of age parties. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't really play now, but would do a bit for the laugh if there was a 'kit' in the place. :lol: Ian (Deep Purple) Paice taught me...( He doesn't know it though) I just listened intently to their music from age 18 & within 2yrs was in a band...Drunken blurr since then......tsk! drummers eh??

Q. What do you call someone who hangs around with musicians?

A. A drummer. :lol:

cheers, sliver.

Hi fella's,

Good to see so many pluckers and bangers on the scene...(and not a pheasant in sight !!)

Been playing for about 20 years now , and even used to be fairly good at acoustic folk rock, (or even acoustic thrash given enough strings, )
But it all came to a sad end when I was supposed to play acoustic solo at a festival with about 3000 people watching. No one else on stage, just me and the guitar. I completely bottled it about 15 mins before I was supposed to go on. I was only 25 at the time, I'd take any opportunity now to get up on stage and make an buttocks of myself. After that I didnt pick up the guitar for years, and when I did I was competant, but not good. Shame,

Still I was never even been close to this guy. He has my vote as he is more refined in his technique ( in my humble opinion. )

Check this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUQzXQhA ... ed&search=

Guitar and Bass for 20 years. Have been in a lot of bands but not in recent years. I don't know any other musicians any more. :( So I don't play so much these days.

Anybody around in East Sussex want to form a bad :D

Back