Anyone near Newcastle got a metal lathe?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boatfixer

Established Member
Reaction score
I need two plastic bushings boring out and am having trouble finding anybody willing to do such a small job. Is there anyone on the forum in the Newcastle area with a lathe or some other precision tooling who could do the job for me? The bushes are 40mm OD by 60mm long with a 20mm hole down the centre that needs to be 25mm. If it come down to it they are small enough to post to somebody but as they are a necessary part of a customers boat I would prefer not to trust them to the post office.... Failing that do you know any good metalworking forums that would be worth posting on?

Thanks
Graham

There must be loads of little engineering shops around the toon that could do that . Shy bairns get nowt so get asking around :wink:

You would have thought so wouldn't you? I have been trying for a week now and have yet to find a company interested in such a small one off job. I have a customer willing to pay but can't get the job done....

Latest posts

Back