Anyone ever built 'Oak frame' furniture?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John McM

Established Member
Reaction score
Mikes cracking house sign with the oak gallows bracket just made me wonder if anyone has built oak frame (mortice and tenon and pegged) furniture. i.e a dining table that looks like a barn roof structure.....
I quite fancy the idea or am I going mad.
Cheers

Or if the bulk of the timber is large enough forget about the joints, :wink: made from some offcuts of 8x8 posts

oaktable.jpg

Jason

I have, John.....(although the pegs aren't obvious)

2930361673_da4925f905_b.jpg

A pegged M&T dining set would look fabulous, particularly if traditional joints and member shapes were used.

Mike

Mike Garnham":1mf83j6w said:
I have, John.....(although the pegs aren't obvious)

2930361673_da4925f905_b.jpg

A pegged M&T dining set would look fabulous, particularly if traditional joints and member shapes were used.

Mike

WOW! :eek: Those are some lovely pieces Mike!!! You wouldnt happen to have a thread on the construction of these pieces?

Thanks CB,

Not on this forum I'm afraid..........it was before I joined, and I think it bad manners to link to another forum.

Sorry

I seem to remember there was a table with an 'arch' feature built in to the frame design, maybe three years ago? Mike Sturgeon or Mike Ninham made it, I think? Not that it's much use me saying this now, of course. :roll: :oops: :)

Thanks for the replies chaps, not too sure what I mean myself. I guess I was thinking more of the green oak frames you see in buildings with nice curved braces only scaled down and using seasoned oak (but looks like green oak). Guess it would suit the design of a headboard for a bed or a kitchen dresser or a dining suite.

Back