Anyone else selling a biscuit joiner

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buy one from Aldi for £20, they sell a kit with 3 sizes of biscuits and glue and dispenser for an extra £10. I have one, it is better than the schools unbranded one, but not as good as my Elu. It is good. All biscuit joiners sound rough. The Aldi model has a 3 year warrenty. You cannot lose. The kids at school use the Aldi model successfully.

Charlotte":20x6gjfu said:
Please please pretty please all you newly dominoed up people, save a poor girl from messing about with dowels and drills with wonky chucks and flog me a joiner with a decent fence!
What are you going to use it for?...there may be other alternatives - Rob

A cupboard and dressing table, 1860x400x710mm with 4 drawers in total. 18mm MDF with 25mm top. I was going to make half lap joints with a router but clamping and alignment is an issue. I have 4 36" quickgrips (not XP) and a single sash cramp of similar length. Figured with biscuits to align I could use a rachet strap to help. I should pick up some more cramps tomorrow at the auction.

Charlotte,

buy cramps rather than a biscuit maker thingy. The former are critical, the latter a bonus. That is some project you are taking on..........good on you.

Surely, chaps, there is some good soul in the vicinty who who could lend Charlotte some kit?

Mike

Mike Garnham":3a233gh9 said:
Charlotte,

buy cramps rather than a biscuit maker thingy. The former are critical, the latter a bonus. That is some project you are taking on..........good on you.

Surely, chaps, there is some good soul in the vicinty who who could lend Charlotte some kit?

Mike

that depends which vicinity - if shes going to be in the gloucestershire/swindon area i could lend her our cheap biscuit jointer from work - which we no longer use now we have the much superior makita

however if shes in kingston theres nowt i can do to help

Thanks BSM but I've taken Chems up on his kind offer....Swindon is a bit of a mission from Tewkesbury and I've a feeling I'll be needing one a few more times in the near future.

Mike - I'm hoping this will be easier than the last cupboard I made - 8' wide, 5' high, 2' deep and 6'6" off the floor. I'll try to post pics later.

Back