Anybody used/use rexon tools?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

13eightyfour

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive seen rexon tools advertised on the web and in some magazines etc... But ive never used them and wondered if they are any good?

The reason i ask this is because my uncle who deals in bankrupt stock has offered me a 305mm scms specifically the scm12a model. Its brand new in a box, which is huge! He wont however allow me to try before i buy for obvious reasons. From the looks its not a bad piece of kit and seems quite expensive at online retailers. He wants £150 for it but im always weary of brands/makes that i know nothing about, So has anyone got any opinions?

thank 1384

I have a rexon bandsaw it must be about 10 years old & still going strong the only thing I have had to replace is the tires.
I also have a rexon scrollsaw which must be about 7 years & thats still going strong too

I have the Rexon dust extractor kit, which is fine. It does the job well. and the motor seems great. I have also used a Rexon bandsaw, which was ok too.

HTH

Neil

well from the replies so far it may just be worth getting hopefully ill see him today, might be cheeky and try and get a little more off :lol:

thanks for the replies guys

I have had a Rexon table saw for 5 years now.
It's a heap of junk that I regret buying but it refuses to die :cry:

Never used any Rexon tools myself but, at £150, a 12" SCNS has got to be worth a punt, hasn't it? It may not be as accurate as some of the better-known brands (even then, I think their accuracy up to maximum width of cut can be questioned...) but, you'll be able to downsize large boards and sheets with ease. :)

If this saw is fitted with a laser guide then, at that price, you'll probably find this feature is a waste of time. I wouldn't expect dust extraction to be great either - then again, I can only say the same about my £500 Bosch! :shock:

Buying a new, good quality blade (Freud, CMT, Axminster) could make a big difference as well. If ever you decide you want to upgrade, you may be able to get a good £100 back on eBay for a 12" saw! :wink:

A long time ago Andy King did a review of SCMS's for GWW and IIRC that Rexon came out best. I can try and dig out the review if you're interested.
Cheers
Gidon

Rexon - badge-engineered Chaiwan clone stuff of variable quality. Depends what it is. The SCMS's not too bad. Some stuff though is complete sh*te.

The big Rexon SCMS is I think the same as the Scheppack one. I have the Scheppack and its fine a very good workhorse, a bit crude, kicks when started up, a bit fiddly to adjust, rubbish at trenching so don't use it.

regards
Alan

Rexon are a huge concern, one of the biggest manufacturers of power tools in far east, most stuff rebadged for clients. I got a 10" mitre saw of theirs some years ago and it was fine, very happy with it ( within its limitations ) the one day after about 5 years the motor "popped" and that was that. no spares. Some here have Rexon kit that has been going longer, so its probably not a bad piece of kit to have overall..
and the mention of Scheppach cloning is interesting.....
Myself I am about to buy a Makita 81/2" quad rail slider, lot more money but easier to cart about and will cut very generous dimensions. and accurately too by all accounts.
Given up with Rexon, Fox, Delta, etc and being a bit more fussy, but as has been said the Rexon is a good workhorse and if you can use it buy it at that price.

Hi Jeff, that's the one, it has worked perfectly for
the job's i've used it for. :wink: I don't use it all the time
though, so i don't know how it would be if used heavily. :wink:

Hi Jeff, i got the whole lot. I've never had the nailer jamb
on me yet :D . I would say I've used 4 or 5 thousand
nails in the time i have had it. :wink:
Are you thinking of buying one then. :?: I would buy
one again any day if that helps, although i won mine
in a competition. :D :D :D
P.S. The only thing i wish was different is the length of
nails the gun fires is 32mm IIRC and i would like to use
slightly longer ones in the future, so i will have to buy
another gun when i can afford too. :wink:

Thanks for the info Kevin, yes I was thinking of getting the whole kit, I want to use it for 23mm brads.
Does the nailer shoot invisible (below the surface) without marking the surface?
Does the nailer have a rubber tip?

Cheers,

Jeff
PS. What gauge are the nails?

We've got the rexon CMS (the non sliding version) at work it it works great and given that its rated as a hobby saw its put up with a lot of use manfully - one point is that the supplied blade was a 25 tooth peice of rubbish, but i replaced it with a 60 tooth cmt and all is well.

Ive also got a rexon bandsaw at home which i bought off blister 2 year back - thats a good bit of kit for its size and motor rating too - the fact that i'm looking at a bigger saw isnt a reflection on the baby rexon which i may keep specifically for cutting turning blanks even once the big saw arrives.

H Jeff, let's see now,
#1- yes (it's adjustable)
#2- yes
#3- 18g
I buy the nails at Screwfix, Machine Mart.
Hope this helps mate. :wink:

I have a rexon bandsaw it must be about 10 years old & still going strong the only thing I have had to replace is the tires.
I also have a rexon scrollsaw which must be about 7 years & thats still going strong too
Hi I've just read your thread and wondered if you could help me please I'm looking for a tyre to fit a Rexon BS 10R bandsaw I've just bought, and not having much luck in finding one help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Latest posts

Back