Anybody have both the Festool Domino DF500 & DF700?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Bray

Established Member
Reaction score
I currently have a DF500 with all cutters 4mm, 5mm, 6mm, 8mm & 10mm, I have just ordered a DF700 with the 12mm and 14mm cutters/biscuits.

Will the 8mm & 10mm cutters from the DF500 fit the DF700 without an adapter or will I have to buy the additional XL 8mm and 10mm Systainer set if I want to use those sizes on the DF700?

Has anyone any experience of the non-oem adapter that enables the use of the smaller sized cutters? If so, is it of any use?

TIA, Eddie.

The cutters aren't interchanable between the machines without an adapter, personally I don't like the idea of an adaptor so can't comment on that.

I bought the machine with the 12 & 14mm systainer of cutters & dominos & then just bought a pack of 100mm 8 & 10 dominos & cutters, these fit in the machine box. I didn't bother with the 80mm length doms as I figured if I needed shorter ones I could just cut down the 100mm

Hi Eddie
I ordered the 2 x df700 shim plates and cutter adapter from Seneca USA as i was going to order a domino xl, After a lot of consideration i ended up ordering a df500, arrived a couple of days ago :)
The shims and adapter still haven't arrived from the usa yet but once they do i will be selling them if your interested?
just a thought if you want to just use the df700 and sell your df500.

I have a 500 and 700 machine and the Seneca RTS adapter (plus shims).

Firstly, the adapter works as it should, can't really elaborate on that one really. It does what is says on the tin.

Does it have any use from a perspective of having both machines and relevant subsequent cutters for each? Probably not that much. It comes into its own when you only have a 700 and want to access the smaller cutters available to the 500 but you knew that part I guess.

The original reason for me having both machines and an adapter was that I got the 700 first, ordered some Seneca shims and the RTS-500. I then picked up a 500 during a price drop promotion which kind of made the RTS redundant. That said I still find myself using the smaller 500 cutters in the 700 machine as I simply prefer the balance of it.

My advice based on your current situation? Get the Systainer packages with the cutters and domino's including all the cutters for both machines and get the 500 and 700 shims / plates from Seneca. This will cover all eventualities to extract everything out of the machines in my opinion and experience.

Thanks all for the replies, I will keep the pair for the moment. I did a lot of research on the DF700 last night.

Jmac80, I may well be interested if you decide to sell the Seneca bits, and would like first refusal if that's okay

Ed Bray":1fpvdmfe said:
Thanks all for the replies, I will keep the pair for the moment. I did a lot of research on the DF700 last night.

Jmac80, I may well be interested if you decide to sell the Seneca bits, and would like first refusal if that's okay

No problem, Will let you know when they arrive :)

Hi Ed
Arrived today.

o58t42X.jpg

If you would like them it will be £110 delivered and i shall send monday morning via royal mail recorded.
Unopened still sealed as per picture, price is just covering my cost with postage.
cheers james

edit - sold to Ed

Latest posts

Back