Any photography experts out there?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
petermillard":dnqatdek said:
That looks much happier. And totally agree with Rhossydd re. HDR - I've seen very, very few pictures where it's been used effectively and kept the image looking natural.

Cheers, Pete

final.jpg

What do you think of that image? (it's a sunrise in fog, through some pampas at the bottom of my garden)

BugBear

Aside from the technical issues, Marcus, your new pic gives a much better sense of the scale of your cabinet, with the inclusion of the other elements. Looks very professional!

Ian

bugbear":7nn6edq9 said:
What do you think of that image? (it's a sunrise in fog, through some pampas at the bottom of my garden)
BugBear
Very nice shot, though I personally find it quite 'flat' - I prefer a bit more oomph, more like this:-

10858703064_05d7d7fbf4_z.jpg

To me, that looks more like how it should be - though of course, I wasn't there; it's your shot ;)

Cheers, Pete

I prefer BB shot, I like the washed out look.

Pete

I still can't see the pictures in the links :cry:

I get this:

Google
Error

500 INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR
Unable to process request.

People (some people...) may be interested to see the "source" shots of my garden photo. Each exposure is around 1/3 the previous one (around 1 2/3 stops)

mist5.jpg

This is a classic High Dynamic Range "incident" in the real world - I was shooting straight into the morning sun (which is where the rays come from) and yet, early in the morning, the shadows were very dark and deep.

Only HDR technique (IMHO) would allow this photograph to be captured.

BugBear

I took this with my Lumix TZ40, automatically (in quite tricky lighting conditions) - it said taking multiple images or something like it?
Only finished up with one image though?

y2y8e7yd.jpg

Rod

bugbear":2wpw3o6f said:
Only HDR technique (IMHO) would allow this photograph to be captured.
Without knowing more details of the original scene it's difficult to be certain, but it doesn't look particularly challenging. Most of the shadow areas will be getting a reasonable amount of fill light bounced back from the haze. Maybe ten or eleven stops maybe, within the range of a decent RAW exposure.

Latest posts

Back