Any dominos included?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What Festool give something away for free :shock: . Seriously though I bought mine used so I'm not entirely sure. I don't think so but I could be wrong.

Nope, 'fraid not. You get a 5mm cutter but thats about it. What do you expect for £550? :lol:

Cheers,
Neil

Paul

I was sworn to secrecy with regard to the coming of the 4mm domino :shock:

I have been able to get free/cheap accessories with Festool. May depend on your buying power/choosing your supplier/discount days etc. Shop around.

trousers":xolrld9q said:
Paul

I was sworn to secrecy with regard to the coming of the 4mm domino :shock:

I have been able to get free/cheap accessories with Festool. May depend on your buying power/choosing your supplier/discount days etc. Shop around.

There is no such thing as a secret 8)

Can yoy recommend a good supplier ?

OOOOOOOOOOOO your so persistent :roll: .

Actually I was lucky(?) enough to be in Axminster on their recent discount day, and managed to stike a bargain when I made the purchases.
To be fair, I was going to buy the tools anyway cos they're needed for several future jobs, and of course no leeway on the tool price itself, but I think I did quite well on the accessories.
I think the 4mm domino will be quite useful btw.

I must admit I don't get too het up over discounts. If I need the tool I'll buy it, and I don't always shop around. I use Axminster cos it's local, no quibble returns, good value generally, helpful staff.
I know a few (lot) have had a rant on here about Axminster prices, but people forget the cost of tools has come down a massive amount in real terms in the past few years, until now of course. Don't s'pose those people complained as much when they saw the price of their house soaring over those same years. If you beleive in capitalism you're going to get boom and bust.
I don't think you really know where you stand with discounted products - just look at the January sale syndrome. If it's discounted 50% you can bet it was marked up 50% too much in the first place.

As is well known, Festool don't give anything away and their dealers aren't 'allowed' to offer discounts.

However, it is well worth haggling over some consumables. While a dealer cannot discount a power tool without risking his relationship with Festool there is nothing to stop him giving away a box of Dominos, a bunch of sanding discs, a few packs of jigsaw blades etc etc to sweeten the deal and to stop you going elsewhere.

A discount by any other name. You've got to ask for it, though!

Cheers
Brad

Latest posts

Back