Any alternate to Bench Dogs.co.uk ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prizen

Established Member
Reaction score
Any other options for dogs to fit snug in 20mm holes and a guide dogs to suit a Mafell system? A flapstop and fence would be nice too

There's the dogs available and several shops including axminster ect... Also ebay and amazon.
The only issue you may find is that they aren't all the same diameter, some are 19.90mm and some are 20mm so depending on the manafacturer of the MFT depends on the hole size.
You may be unlucky and find the dogs you buy may be sloppy in the holes.

I was on the bench dogs site the other night and the prices are pretty expensive for what they are selling, especially the flag stops.

I'm planning a 2.4 × 0.9m dog hole table with 4020 profile aluminium in front and behind and a home made rise and fall sliding hinge for my Mafell track.

It will also have a fence for my mitre saw using the dog holes. The mitre saw will be on a separate lower table that will fix to the end and the saw table will be level with the dog hole top.

I've nearly got the design finalised in my head, just starting putting it down on paper.

Farmer Giles":3c3l4v93 said:
I'm planning a 2.4 × 0.9m dog hole table with 4020 profile aluminium in front and behind and a home made rise and fall sliding hinge for my Mafell track.

Not sure if you have a good source for profile but I have used these guys for many years and their service has been spot on.

http://www.aluminium-profile.co.uk/

I've built a 2mx1m dog hole table, a Kapex bench and numerous CNC routers with their stuff. They do the Bosch Rexroth and 'Item' style profile. I've mostly used the Rexroth styled stuff but the quality is consistent and never let me down.

Back