ants!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thallow

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all
been away for a while and glad to see things are as lively as ever ! anyway just a quickie - I appear to have a rather large ant infestation, coming up from where my house wall meets the concrete path :roll: (seems to be lots of small piles of earth that they have 'unearthed' or maybe this was always there!?)

The advice that i am after is a) is this a problem and b) if it is what is the best way to get rid?

As always your input is greatly appreciated! :p

Ant powder Aldi they get it on themselves and take it back to the nest but needs to be kept dry and away from pets.

Ants do a day or two of party madness each year when they all get down and do the wild thing at the same time. After their binge they soon disappear into the subterranean again just as suddenly, all by themselves.

MrJay":12yp7ec9 said:
Ants do a day or two of party madness each year when they all get down and do the wild thing at the same time. After their binge they soon disappear into the subterranean again just as suddenly, all by themselves.

Sounds like a lot of what my neighbours do :)

Ant powder certainly kills them off, but in my experience they will come back in the same place each year :cry:

Cheers :wink:

Paul

If they are not coming into your house or shop - best leave them alone?

You will only knock them back for a time but they will come back as strong as ever.

My garden is full of them and ever now and then, perhaps once a year they have a trial run into the house - then it is out with the spray and powder. Stops them until next year. But putting stuff outside is a bit of a waste of time. The only time I do that is if they are swarming and becoming a nuisance and I can find the nest - but we have not had many hot sultry days this year?

Rod :)

Thanks All!
Guess I will leave the little blighters alone then - thats fine with me :)
kinda feel sorry for them now, just two days a year of partying huh :cry: !

thanks again!
J

Its the worst I have ever seen it for ants this year. In our front garden and as far as I can see across the road the air is full of flying ants. Its amazing, makes me feel all itchy though :?

nola":e12uzs20 said:
Its the worst I have ever seen it for ants this year. In our front garden and as far as I can see across the road the air is full of flying ants. Its amazing, makes me feel all itchy though :?
Strange - been in this house for 4 years and this year is far and away the best year we've had. Haven't seen any inside the house, and no mounds of soil in the lawn at all. :?

Dave

Dave S":1zo291yd said:
nola":1zo291yd said:
Strange - been in this house for 4 years and this year is far and away the best year we've had. Haven't seen any inside the house, and no mounds of soil in the lawn at all. :?

Dave

I think they all came to Sussex this year. :lol:

nola":1teq0pa0 said:
Dave S":1teq0pa0 said:
nola":1teq0pa0 said:

Dave

I think they all came to Sussex this year. :lol:

And Essex.. I've used four kettles worth of boiling water today - they were all over our back room (french doors onto patio) patio, stepping stones, wooden storage unit etc...
S

Latest posts

Back