Antique pine

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chippy mark

Established Member
Reaction score
I have built a pine wall unit from new pine I want to stain it to match the antique pine doors in the house, I have used antique pine stain in the past is there any better alternatives?

Hey mark

What finish will you be putting on the unit after staining?

Would a stained wax work?

A photo of the original unit you want to match too might could help the guys here work out your options.

depends what look you are after, but I've seen some good effects with spraying the pine with caustic soda solution and leaving it to raise the grain. Gives the wood an ages look apparently.

I fine a fairly cause sanding and waxing gives a "country cottage" kind of look.

Show us all some photos when its done ;-)

If your going to use caustic to achieve the stripped pine look. its better to get some from your local pine door strippers tank, its just gives it a more of an antique colour than a freshly mixed solutionand, apply it with a sponge,it needs a good soak to get a uniform colour.
Blackfriar do a antique pine wood dye which is quite good match,and you dont need to wait a couple of days for the caustic to dry out

Latest posts

Back