Another Tool Cabinet FINISHED FINAL PICS

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only one french cleat LN? Must say looks the business though, it's inspiring me to make one for myself.
Simon

Yes it's finished

There's a total of 18 pics which I think is a bit over the top to post in one hit.

Here's a few for a taster.

3297827200_b635cd2b4e_o.jpg

3297827710_a026c28f50_o.jpg

3297828242_5de7290355_o.jpg

3297831434_b4e8e39774_o.jpg

3297009715_20ef8b1fcc_o.jpg

As I said I think 18 pic this size is a bit too much so to see the rest go to my flicker set HERE either click on each pic and view full size or it's much easier but will take some time and view the slide show

Well done LN

An excellent end result. Its a fitting home for such an impressive 'working set' of tools (I won't use the 'C' word)

Cheers, Ed

Your Lordship...very tasty. Still got a bit of space in there so you can add to the collection, I've used the 'c' word, even if Ed hasn't :lol: Has to be a collection...I can see three identical (I think) bullnose planes in the last pic - Rob

I can't decide what's more impressive... The quality of the finished cabinet or, your drool-worthy tool collection!! :D :wink:

Outstanding piece of craftsmanship. :)

Brilliant Job Nibbo,

The only thing that lets it down (something you could not avoid) is the piano hinge... if only you could buy drawn brass butt in a continuous lenghts.

The boys equivalent of a dolls house full of dolls.

Most impressive as usual, If I could work at your speed and level of quality I'd be writing my letter of resignation now!

Ironballs":236autd5 said:
Most impressive as usual, If I could work at your speed and level of quality I'd be writing my letter of resignation now!

IMHO quality comes with practice and with forward thinking and practice comes speed, but I don't really rush anything in fact I tend to drop tools for an hour or two maybe for a day or two if I start making mistakes of course I'm not being paid so I don't have to make a deadline which is a lot different to professional woodworkers.

CNC Paul":1t1jpmmu said:
Brilliant Job Nibbo,

The only thing that lets it down (something you could not avoid) is the piano hinge... if only you could buy drawn brass butt in a continuous lenghts.

I got to agree, I did look at real expensive stuff at about £30-£40 a metre I paid about £4-£5 a metre which is quite enough for a tool box. :lol: :wink:

LN

I'm mightily impressed, so much so thast I want to crack on with mine.

I have to say that you hsave given me some really good ideas for the internals of the upper one.

I'm still not sure that the drawer handles go, but thats my opinion, I'm leaning towards rtosewood handles.

Anyway well done on an excellent project, hopeful;ly as a result we'll see more members tackling one.

you have made a nice display cabinet for a great tool collection

how many of your collection have you used ?

i would love to buy the whole set of lie nielson chisels but i have bought the 1/8 . 3'8 . 1"

so i find it hard to believe you use the whole set :roll:

I'm with you Waka, LN's brass handles look okay but wood would have been better IMO. Looking forward to seeing yours too Waka

Latest posts

Back