Another Tool Cabinet FINISHED FINAL PICS

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waka":38qe78cw said:
I'm still not sure that the drawer handles go, but thats my opinion, I'm leaning towards rtosewood handles.

I'm sure with so much lovely rosewood in contrast to the curly maple making them as suggested in an earlier post mixing both woods will look perfect, I just gave up trying to make them small but still look half decent. :)

fossil":sp98d8uv said:
you have made a nice display cabinet for a great tool collection

how many of your collection have you used ?

i would love to buy the whole set of lie nielson chisels but i have bought the 1/8 . 3'8 . 1"

so i find it hard to believe you use the whole set :roll:

All of them with the exception of one, the 3/8" mortise chisel :oops: OK I've got my favorite size which I grab for but I might end up with four of five on the bench at any one time. What's not in the cabinet is a full set of Bahco bevel edged as these go to much bigger sizes than the LN's and I often use those (the bigger sizes), no not for opening tins of paint either :lol:

Nibbo :lol:

Now that's a GLOAT of EPIC proportions 8) 8)

and I notice a big empty space left :?:

Just in case a new tool or 6 come along :lol:

Love it :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Blister":bvnw5tcl said:

Yes I really do need (not) a set of Ashley Iles Mk2 Butt chisels, but I'll have to dream cos swmbo having are Aga renovated and a new kitchen :oops:

Lord Nibbo":3a1wmc2s said:
Blister":3a1wmc2s said:

Yes I really do need (not) a set of Ashley Iles Mk2 Butt chisels, but I'll have to dream cos swmbo having are Aga renovated and a new kitchen :oops:

My GOD :shock:

How could you ever think of fitting a new kitchen , without a set of Ashley Iles Mk2 Butt chisels, :-k

absolutely essential if you ask me :p

Blister":avcie9b8 said:
How could you ever think of fitting a new kitchen , without a set of Ashley Iles Mk2 Butt chisels, :-k

absolutely essential if you ask me :p

Quite so, the requirement for a new tool to carry out a desired household project is one of the best in the book I reckon :lol: "but just think of how much we save by me doing the work, I'll just need a couple of things...."

Never fails :wink:

Cheers, Ed

EdSutton":3ayccu5r said:
I'll just need a couple of things...."

Cheers, Ed

Yes but it's getting like skating on thin ice to keep using that excuse :lol: Swmbo started to refer to my workshop as "The Bling Factory"
2073430971_896897fb5b_o.gif

You Nibbship - I can see that the hole you're digging is getting ever deeper and the 'Slope' ever steeper, but here's a way out of the butt chisel dilema...you already have a complete set! All you need to do is to turn up a little button handle for your LN's and you're sorted:

skfgwsr.jpg

kyujfyuntdbd.jpg

...but on the other hand, you do have a lot of space in that new 'toolbox' - Rob

Lord Nibbo":1wfhfb8q said:
EdSutton":1wfhfb8q said:
I'll just need a couple of things...."

Cheers, Ed

Yes but it's getting like skating on thin ice to keep using that excuse :lol: Swmbo stated to refer to my workshop as "The Bling Factory"
2073430971_896897fb5b_o.gif

And so it is.

woodbloke":28qitahy said:
You Nibbship - I can see that the hole you digging is getting ever deeper and the 'Slope' ever steeper, but here's a way out of the butt chisel dilema...you already have a complete set! All you need to do is to turn up a little button handle for your LN's and your sorted:

skfgwsr.jpg

...but on the other hand, you do have a lot of space in that new 'toolbox' - Rob

Blimey that bloke is short I can see why he would need butt chisels.

Tommo the sawdust maker":3mwk5exp said:
woodbloke":3mwk5exp said:
You Nibbship - I can see that the hole you digging is getting ever deeper and the 'Slope' ever steeper, but here's a way out of the butt chisel dilema...you already have a complete set! All you need to do is to turn up a little button handle for your LN's and your sorted:

skfgwsr.jpg

Blimey that bloke is short I can see why he would need butt chisels.
:lol: :lol: - Rob

Sorry for digging up this old thread BUTT :D With the arrival of the Blue Spruce Butt chisel set I've remodeled my tool cabinet to give them a home, so here's the latest pic taken.

4875370382_8cff544cf4_z.jpg

:)

Lord Nibbo":6kuuzc0l said:
Sorry for digging up this old thread BUTT :D With the arrival of the Blue Spruce Butt chisel set I couldn't resist the opportunity of another gloat

4875370382_8cff544cf4_z.jpg

:)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Back