Another one bites the dust

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sooty

Established Member
Reaction score
Just to let you know why I have not posted since 2009

Last October I was rushed into hospital and diagnosed as having Pulmonary Fibrosis which means I have to be on oxygen 24/7 and I have had to alter my lifestyle to accommodate my illness, I have managed to hang onto my car but I ride around with an small electric scooter in the boot for going round the shops, and doing any type of woodwork is a big no,no.

I managed to sell all my tools at a decent price and clear out the workshops, the wife has took one as a potting shed and the other as a utility room.

I really miss my tools especially my lathe and scroll saw, will have to find another hobby now, may go back to photography.
I will still keep popping into this forum and seeing how you are all getting on. And may stick my oar in now and again

Love the Elm Vase (Paul J) Love the colour, love the shape, and the wood keep up the good work

Sorry to hear that, Sooty.
Photography should be a lot less physical for you, I should think, so why not. It's always been one of my hobbies.
Best wishes to you, anyway,

SF

Good to hear from you Sooty, sorry to hear you have not been well.

Take care and keep in touch with the forum

Dave

Sorry to hear your news Sooty and can understand you missing all the tools. Is all woodwork out or could you manage carving things like figures or spoons out of green wood where there is no dust and little effort if your tools are really sharp?

Hello Sooty.
Sorry to hear of your ill health :( and hope things turn out well for you in whatever you decide to do :D
Glad you like the Vase.It was a pleasant surprise to me how nice the grain was.
Keep looking in :D

Sooty, I was sorry to read the above post, and also the many things that have changed your lifestyle, however I am sure with your shown determination you will move on to some good toys of sorts in the future.

I admire your guts sooty and good luck with a new hobby.

Roy.

Thanks for all the comments guys, giving up woodworking is the ballbreaker, being on Oxygen is much better than the alternative!

I have just recieved my new toy a Panasonic Lumix FZ38 and look forward to trying it out.

ps. will keep checking into the forum to see how you are all getting on.

Back