Another (nearly) square dish

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penman

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Had a good day in the shed again today (getting used to this idea of not working :whistle: ) Had a slight mishap with this one hence the missing corners :roll: :roll:
It is slightly rippled olive Ash 6" square X 2" deep and about 3mm thick

DSCF1808.jpg
DSCF1809.jpg

DSCF1811.jpg
DSCF1817.jpg

Hope you like it, any comments welcome.

Malcolm

If you hadn't told us I would have assumed you were just trying something diferent. Nice thinking and lovely platter / bowl

Pete

Think I prefer it like it is Malcolm rather than just square, you`ve come out of it well :lol:
Steve

Top Notch Malcolm, however or whatever the reason for the corner embellishment it only serves to enhance the display of the controlled thickness of the piece in my eyes.

It highlights the fact that post turning rework of the corners can be used to remove any blending etc. that can all too readily occur, it's a useful work around worth remembering.

I agree that the design modification is a nice one. The side profile is very interesting because of it.
(It does look a shade like an iron cross from above though! :shock:)

Keep up the good work Malcolm, i see retirement is suiting you!

Thanks guys.
The error was that I went a bit too thin at the corners and it became a razor cornered bowl. So, I thought wha the h**l can I do with this and after a bit of thought decided cut the notches out. The result is as you see.
Ryan I also thought of the iron cross as well when I had finished it :eek: :eek:

Malcolm

Latest posts

Back