Another mystery tool!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigal

Reaction score
Hi to all,

I have found this in a mates toolbox that was donated to him and then me.

I cannot work out a use for it but feel its something to do with wood.

The body is about 5" or 125mm long and about 3/4" or 19mm diameter. The small tools are inserted and removed by pressing a button on the body but when seated they spin freely. When not in use they are stored in the body.

Any ideas on its use guys?

Thanks, Al

tool1.JPG

tool2.JPG

tool3.JPG

Sorted! Nice catch DJ. Now I know what it is I can take all my mates that I've asked off full alert. One of them suggested a device for hypnotising budgies! hehehe

Thanks again, Al

@bigal:

It's definitely a de-burring tool (for metal), particularly useful for removing burrs on the underside of the hole when drilling thin (-ish) sheet, but sometimes on thicker stuff too. Commonly available at suppliers such as Arc Eurotrade and Little Machine Shop (as examples).

The black plastic "chuck" on the end of the red handle should unscrew to allow insertion of different size tools (for different size holes and thicknesses of metal) as shown in your 2nd pic.

No idea if they'd work on wood, I've never tried mine for that, only metal.

HTH

AES

Hi AES,

It is exactly that and I have tried it on a copper pipe! Worked a treat!

As to the end unscrewing, it just pulls off and that's where the tools shown live. They are however all very similar though made of different metals in some cases. The tips and angle grinds are different and one of the black tools is very magnetic, no doubt to keep shavings from falling into steel or iron pipes when deburring. Seems they thought of everything EXCEPT putting the name of the tool on the case! hehehe

Regards, Al

Back