Another Carved Wallet

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkeybiter

Established Member
Reaction score
I recently found an old wallet of my Granddads, there are receipts in it from 30 years ago, just before he died. It's a little tatty and that appeals to me. This carving will be a present for my son in a couple of days time.

It's Lime, all from one piece, the only glue used was to repair a crack after I dropped it on the ws floor, there are some thin edges which aren't too robust. The finish is.........boot polish. I regretted it as soon as I painted it on, but it's growing on me. I masked off the 'credit card' and the 'receipts' after painting them with sanding sealer.

Negative comments just as welcome as the other kind, I intend to keep climbing the curve.

DSC_0071.jpg

DSC_0083.jpg

DSC_0075.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg

DSC_0087.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• DSC_0071.jpg
    DSC_0071.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 300
  • DSC_0083.jpg
    DSC_0083.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 300
  • DSC_0075.jpg
    DSC_0075.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 300
  • DSC_0081.jpg
    DSC_0081.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 300
  • DSC_0087.jpg
    DSC_0087.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 300
I genuinely thought that was real at first, some serious skills there, looks just like leather.

Mike if I was wearing a hat I'd raise it to you. Clearly imense skill but a lot of patience on show too. Very, very well done.
xy

Hi Mike
That's a brilliant piece of work. Your skills have increased many fold in a short time - love it, your son will be very happy, hope it's a surprise! =D>

Bob

ps, it's a sod when you drop an almost finished carving, been there a few times. #-o

That's remarkable on so many levels. Remarkable craftsmanship, and remarkably insightful to even spot the potential in the first place.

Bravo!

=D>

Your son should treasure that. As a whole, it is a poem, an excellent idea and an excellent and well made piece that should last for generations to come.

Brilliant idea.

Ok, thats the wallet, so when are you going to post pics of the carved one?

Took me three re reads to realise I was looking at it.

Fantastic workmanship and thought behind it. Something to treasure. I bet the air turned blue when you dropped it!

I genuinely read this thread title as "Another carved mallet". I liked at the picture and thought 'this is just a photo of some dude's wallet. :D

Amazing work!

Back