And its up

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Artiglio

Established Member
Reaction score
Evening All

At long last the lead work has been done. ( i got someone for that) and the cowl is now up, sporting its gilded motif. Thanks to those that have answered queries over last few months. Gilding came out ok , i think, but i made the silhouette in a hurry and I didn’t put enoughvtime and effort into getting it nice and smooth. So the finish could be better.
2684689D-BE2A-40D0-A461-C0C12365B39C.jpeg
38814353-9518-44B3-BA46-AE61C5462DE7.jpeg99CB2A90-FE11-40C2-BBB5-C9034267A9AC.jpeg

That looks an amazing piece of work. The slate and lead work look very well done they took great pride in what they did!. What is the building? Is it a windmill?

Thank you, i did the slating as well, but wasn’t brave enough to attempt the leadwork. It’s an oasthouse ( traditional way of drying hops) the cowl on top pivots in the wind and the design would have helped draw air throught the kiln. The top would have been open not covered as it is now.

Great to see the finished result. It looks amazing. I very much remember your original post. Congratulations, that's great work! Fine lead work too.

Back