And another thing.........

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RossJarvis

Established Member
Reaction score
Why oh why oh b***** why are 110v sockets a tighter than interference fit with the b***** sockets? Either I'm the weakest man on earth or someone's not telling us about the KY Jelly for 110v sockets. I don't think it's me cause I've more or less pulled the power take off off my shop vac and any day now I'm sure I'm going to fly across s site with the guts of my CTL midi in my hand. You've guessed it, today has been slightly more frustrating than usual?

And another thing....why oh why oh b***** why is PU glue thicker than s****** concrete, how the heck are you supposed to get that out of the b***** bottle when it's less than 20 degrees?

And another thing, why oh why oh b***** why can't Howdens clear out the s****** mortices on their door frames meaning I have to search for a sharp chisel to do their b***** work for them?

And another thing, why oh why oh why oh why oh b***** why do so many fixings for items come with screws which are neither Philips or Posidrive but some completely similar but non-compatible bit of cheese metal instead?

And another thing, why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh b***** blinking why, does a British company supply a lock morticer with a 3/4" smallest cutter when the British Standard is 11(b*****)/16" and they make the 11/16 as an optional b***** extra?

Why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh b***** why did I bother getting out of bed today? I stayed in bed yesterday and the day before and had none of these b***** worries.

And quite frankly do not challenge me on why I think Bosch in general and jig saws in particular are proof of the works of the devil.............It's got to be something to do with that bouffant haired t**** in Washington's fault.

With any luck tomorrow will be a lot better, but bearing in mind it involves a lot of mortices I somehow doubt it.

n0legs":1nekhtq1 said:
Bloody hell RJ you've got it bad :lol:
Drink helps :wink:

A small....and distant part of me thinks that If I hadn't started on the Shiraz I'd either be ranting less........or be a lot less bitter.

Cheers n0legs :lol: :lol: :lol:

Perhaps your problems come down to inferior sharpening techniques? Monkey stones are best (with blades angled at 473 degrees) and stropping with dinosaur pelts work every time.

Or sleep ;)

Nelsun":9jyx1yg3 said:
Perhaps your problems come down to inferior sharpening techniques? Monkey stones are best (with blades angled at 473 degrees) and stropping with dinosaur pelts work every time.

Or sleep ;)

It can't possibly be my sharpening technique. I have spent 63 years learning from a very large beard how to use Monkey Stones free-hand (supporting my elbows....and elbows only mind...with a quantum adjusted jig) unflattening the backs to the same contour as the Maldivian beach surf. I then quibble my dinosaur pelts with macro-micro-nano-graphene before having a massive strop. I think that you'll find that 472 degrees 59 minutes and 59.5 seconds is the correct angle!

Admittedly it was 3:00am the last time I looked at the alarm clock last night and I woke up at least 3 times before waking up at going to work time. I think that waking up is probably the problem.

Cheers Nelsun :D :D :D

Never mind bl--dy sharpening!

Why oh why has CA adhesive failed EVERY time I've ever tried to repair an important plastic component, no matter what type or grade of plastic, yet has NEVER failed to completely clog the - plastic! - nozzle of the bottle it was sold in within about 5 micro seconds of being opened for the first time?

Eh? Eh??

(Cheer up mate, just smile. Then at least you'll have the satisfaction of knowing that everyone else is going around asking each other "What's that miserable old barsteward been up to THIS time?")

AES

AES":36zxutp2 said:
Never mind bl--dy sharpening!

Why oh why has CA adhesive failed EVERY time I've ever tried to repair an important plastic component, no matter what type or grade of plastic, yet has NEVER failed to completely clog the - plastic! - nozzle of the bottle it was sold in within about 5 micro seconds of being opened for the first time?

Eh? Eh??

(Cheer up mate, just smile. Then at least you'll have the satisfaction of knowing that everyone else is going around asking each other "What's that miserable old barsteward been up to THIS time?")

AES

Cheers AES, I'm really glad I didn't use CA today,

I thought it was only able to stick your fingers (or lips!!!!) together.

Made me laugh this morning despite the fact that my grandkids called me Mr Grumpy because I asked them so very nicely not to shout!

:lol: :lol: :lol: That made me laugh. Just as well as been ranting about driving miles along a dual carriageway where the cones have been moved but still 40 mph and no bl**dy workers in sight :roll: :duno:

Its this week I swear - everything I've touched has turned to sh**. New bandsaw vibrating across the floor, router jig slipping at the last minute, SCMS going out of square without me noticing. I'm giving up and going to bed til Sunday. F**k it.

Talking of screws supplied for fixings, and especially with self assembly stuff, has anyone else noticed that they are nearly always made of some sort of cheese or butter?
K

Yep those screws, usually brass and black ones, i chuck them away and use decent ones.
Today it was
Why is Howdens alway's out of stock of the items i need their and then to finish off a job !
And why was the underground pipe not in the trench i spent 1 Hr digging where it was
supposed to be. Don't believe what you see when lifting a manhole cover !
And don't leave 2 caulk guns on the worktop, one loaded with adhesive and one loaded with
Coloured sealant cause when the customer is talking to you, you may accidentally pick up the
gun with the adhesive to seal the splash back where it meets the run of wall units !
Thank god for Wonder wipes !

And I thought I'd had a bad yesterday when Tesco wrote to me asking to get in touch as they suspect that someone was using my card.
Seems my emails had somehow been hacked and they had bought cinema tickets using my card. As I hardly ever use my card (the wife is the main holder and only uses it for shopping at Tesco) and the transaction was flagged up as suspicious. Cards cancelled and new ones to be sent only to my wife.
Have spent today changing my passwords. (and that is a PITA)

Alan.

Latest posts

Back