And a few more...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Random Orbital Bob

Established Member
Reaction score
Have been doing a few tea light bowls with big red inserts (£2 from Tesco for 4) of late out of a stack of old oak burrs I found buried behind some paint cans in the garage.

Attachments

• Tea light bowls 8.jpg
    Tea light bowls 8.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 908
  • Tea light bowls 7.jpg
    Tea light bowls 7.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 908
  • Tea light bowls 6.jpg
    Tea light bowls 6.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 908
  • Tea light bowls 5.jpg
    Tea light bowls 5.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 908
  • Tea light bowls 4.jpg
    Tea light bowls 4.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 908
  • Tea light bowls 2.jpg
    Tea light bowls 2.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 908
  • Tea light bowls 1.jpg
    Tea light bowls 1.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 908
Those are nice, I particularly like the form and figuring in the first one.
I have two small bits of twisted grain oak (very hard) just big enough for fruit. need to be in the mood for them though :)

Dalboy":344k153c said:
Blimey you have been busy I like all the tea light great job. Are the inserts the ones which are tapered on the outside

They're basically a perfect hemisphere so the outside describes half a circle. They're quite deep and heavy (coloured glass) so I just scrape out a matching semi circle and sneak up on the edge till they seat properly. Tesco do two sorts, the red ones shown here and the same shape but clear glass. And at £2 for four they're very good value.

That looks pretty much them Dal. I think you're right about the colours. The greater the contrast the better they seem to look. I haven't used any of the clear glass ones for that reason, the red just looks way better. That also holds true for the tea light itself. I find those poncy floral ones or other decoration seem to dress the whole thing up so it lifts it. When I put the plain candle coloured ones in they look boring by contrast.

I remember someone on here recommending some from Ikea which I've never got hold of myself, might be worth checking out.

the wilko ones must be end of line
they were reduced today to £2 for 4
so i bought 12 :)
hope u dont mind me copying these
particularly like the raised lip on the first one
Steve

Back