An idea

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valhalla

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All
I just posted a manual for a Multico M1 Mortiser and it occurred to me that some form of online manual library might be an idea. There would need to be some discussion as to how it might be indexed and how stuff is categorised, but I'm sure it can be done. That would be a very useful resource to have on the forum.

Does this sound like a plan?

Hi All
I just posted a manual for a Multico M1 Mortiser and it occurred to me that some form of online manual library might be an idea. There would need to be some discussion as to how it might be indexed and how stuff is categorised, but I'm sure it can be done. That would be a very useful resource to have on the forum.

Does this sound like a plan?
" pipper" the copyright
The other sources are VERY poor and usually asking a stupid price !

We all have manuals and they could be indexed by manufacturer , machine type and model.
It could be so much help to many people on this site

Great project Valhalla, when you start, let me know and I will contribute whatever I can.
If the moderators interfere, let me know, and I will put a bit of stick about !

" pipper" the copyright
The other sources are VERY poor and usually asking a stupid price !

We all have manuals and they could be indexed by manufacturer , machine type and model.
It could be so much help to many people on this site

Great project Valhalla, when you start, let me know and I will contribute whatever I can.
If the moderators interfere, let me know, and I will put a bit of stick about !
With that attitude mate it's a wonder there are any tool manufacturers bothering to even make tools. Last sentence, Who are you trying to threaten? I think you've been on too much 4X

Here's a thought.....instead of setting up a library of the manuals themselves why not make a library based on the name of the machine but actually only providing the name of the member that has that manual?

In this way there will be no copyright issues and the site doesn't have the problem of managing storage etc. Plus if someone wants a particular manual then it can be transacted via a private message and so no one else has to know.

🤔

Here's a thought.....instead of setting up a library of the manuals themselves why not make a library based on the name of the machine but actually only providing the name of the member that has that manual?

In this way there will be no copyright issues and the site doesn't have the problem of managing storage etc. Plus if someone wants a particular manual then it can be transacted via a private message and so no one else has to know.

🤔
The problem here is people come and go, die or get abducted by aliens so the resource would disappear with them. Are the manuals actually copyrighted? They are not being reproduced or included in other documents so to my mind downloading a manual is no different to someone giving a hard copy to a friend.

The problem here is people come and go, die or get abducted by aliens so the resource would disappear with them. Are the manuals actually copyrighted? They are not being reproduced or included in other documents so to my mind downloading a manual is no different to someone giving a hard copy to a friend.
I would be surprised if they are not protected by copyright. If you were adding in some way too them you may get away with it but I do not know.

With that attitude mate it's a wonder there are any tool manufacturers bothering to even make tools. Last sentence, Who are you trying to threaten? I think you've been on too much 4X
Do you really see the comment of putting a little stick about, as a threat ?
Dear oh dear oh dear !
As a pom , you should know it means to stir the pot a little.
If you see this a a threat, it's you that has the problem.
By the way, 4X is a lousy beer. It comes from Queensland.
I prefer Bushmills, taken three times daily after meals !

Back