Amazon.com

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nev Hallam

Established Member
Reaction score
What a great place to import your tools, fair enough theres a few things that it wont allow but still some bargains to be had.
My brother lives in California and I used to get him to import me the odd bit of kit, but it was a ball ache for him packing it and shipping it, then I had the hassle of paying the vat and import tax on arrival, but not with Amazon, they include all the charges and you can buy kit you can't get here and the odd bit cheaper too. a few months back I bought the Dewalt worm drive, and im about to get the porter cable quick-jig pocket hole. Its a nice bit of kit! There's also a nice selection of tennoning jigs for the table saw, as well as plenty of dado cutters. Well worth a butchers if you not already done so.

Get yaself shopping!

I will look again, in the past they would not supply UK orders direct, perhaps things have changed. Thanks.

Mind you I still object to the carrier in the UK charging to collect tax.

I dont think that Amazon charge for collecting the tax IIRC- not like the standard £8 "collection fee anyway". Just the actual tax due.

Some sellers will ship to the UK, others do not. I bought some Incra stuff from Amazon and it worked out cheaper, even after amazon had collected whatever they needed to.

Back