Am I the only person who detests Big Brother?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No-one has ever lost money underestimating the taste of the British public. I am currently working on a version of BB which has the contestants cutting dados in the nude..

I think that whilst I plainly cover the sex and vioence areas, I am a bit worried I haven't worked in strong language and flashing lights (the other things Nanny TV warns us about) although I suspect when the manure encounters the radiator we'll get the former and blood in the electrics may produce the latter..?

HHHHHmmmmmmmmm.......I'm HAPPY to consider myself a grumpy old man, having crossed the 50 barrier and I'd sooner be sodomised by a diesel locomotive than watch even the trailers for BB/Braindead but......exactly HOW is a G.O.M. defined?

What is it that we all have in common?????? and don't you dare go all Germaine Greer on me Alf!

exactly HOW is a G.O.M. defined?

Again, having happily passed the 50 mark, I revel in my grumpiness, at my last place of work I was actually called 'Victor'. I agree with just about everything that Arthur Smith an Co discuss on the TV, but in addition to all that its getting umpteen pieces of junk mail each week for bl***y hearing aids - when I need one of them, I'll go down and see the doc - Rob

waterhead37":2o6smhb2 said:
I am currently working on a version of BB which has the contestants cutting dados in the nude..
That should encourage the use of adequate guarding...

Cheers, Alf

Who ain't going Germaine Greer on anybody, thanks very much :lol:

Who ain't going Germaine Greer on anybody, thanks very much

Whew, very glad to hear that :)

Two years back, when we moved to Czechland for a while, one of theings I listed as 'glad to get away from' was BB & other mind numbing TV dross.

We have Sky here, but due to a technical hitch we don't get C4 for which I'm eternally grateful :D

Don't seem to get the trailors on the other channles either which is also good.

BTW, so far seems like 100% agreement on BB, I always suspected this board was populated by the more discerning members of society.

Complete drivel! ..... Big Brother that is, not the opinions expressed! :)

woodbloke":35w0jplu said:
exactly HOW is a G.O.M. defined?

Again, having happily passed the 50 mark, I revel in my grumpiness, at my last place of work I was actually called 'Victor'. I agree with just about everything that Arthur Smith an Co discuss on the TV, but in addition to all that its getting umpteen pieces of junk mail each week for bl***y hearing aids - when I need one of them, I'll go down and see the doc - Rob

I'm "only" 41,so I don't know when you become old enough,but I am
And at work,I have had a meteorological condition named after me :-

"The weathers a bit Andy at the moment - grey and miserable :( "

Andrew (who also revels in it :wink: )

The programme is utter drivel, pandering to the absolute barrel-bottom-scraping pit of poor taste.

What amazes me even more than that anyone watches the rubbish, is that those who do actually believe that their telephone vote counts for anything - other than the money made out of it.

I'm only grumpy because I'm ENTITLED to be! :)

Ray.

you think the GOM tag is bad..??? I was called a TOG this mornin... 10 years before my time too....

<le sigh...

gotta loooooooooove gettin auld...

Argee":2tq0lm1m said:
The programme is utter drivel, pandering to the absolute barrel-bottom-scraping pit of poor taste.

What amazes me even more than that anyone watches the rubbish, is that those who do actually believe that their telephone vote counts for anything - other than the money made out of it.

Ray.
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> I need say no more :)

Tabloid telly at its worst.
Just cheked the BARB (Broadcaster Audience Research Board) website
and a stagering 7 million people apparently watched BB last Thursday the heartening statistic is that about 50 million people must have been something else.

My own favourite TV moment this week was Clackson and Hammond capsizing the Toybota - had me in tears.

Andy

dedee":3lx0p33v said:
My own favourite TV moment this week was Clackson and Hammond capsizing the Toybota - had me in tears.

It was Hammond & May driving the Mercedes with the flagstone floor, wood-burning stove and the windsor chairs around the track that had me in tears! I started off shaking my head at the stupidity of it and ended up in hysterics! Brilliant!

Latest posts

Back