Am I the only person who detests Big Brother?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnelliott

Established Member
Reaction score
It absolutely baffles me why anyone over the age of about fifteen would consider this programme to contain anything of interest whatsoever. Normally I wouldn't bother discussing stuff like this but this bl**dy programme keeps getting mentioned in the mainstream media and on the homepage of my ISP.

John

Couldn't agree with you more, John.

I remember thinking that my little toe had more conversational capability then a girl in one of the series (Jade I think her name was). But it's cheap tele and appeals to the unwashed.

Now where's my Grumpy Old Man t-shirt ? :lol:

Never seen it.

No intention of seeing it.

Whenever anyone discusses it, I go and do something interesting instead.

Gill (who's just off to do something interesting :) )

I'm sorry, I thought this was a thread about George Orwell's political views: who or what is this 'Big Brother' thingy???

I live one mile from the big brother house and was recently offered a workshop 50ft from it, ooh wouldn't that have been fun. It's so damned exciting when on the last day they set of a million fireworks at midnight and the traffic jams caused by thousands of cretins queuing to see nothing is such fun, best of all are the imbeciles who mob the 'house' staff,when they are food shopping at the local supermarket, for information on the inmates. Pah!!!!!

Mind you it does bring revenue to the town and help to keep the studios running and help to employ many people. Hmmm.

Absolutely John. Never seen it but suspect I wouldn't like it - or the pop singer version or the dancing version or........

Put me down for the "grumpy old man" (or woman) club as well.

Never watched any of them,never intend to.

Andrew

My three year old doesn't like sprouts, he's never tried them though... :shock: :wink: :D .....

I got it filed right alongside politics, religion and soccer.... under life's too short....

The Saint":r1sehn7n said:
My three year old doesn't like sprouts, he's never tried them though... :shock: :wink: :D .....

as he seen the trailors for them though? :D

BB was best described in my opinon by Billy Connely as:

"One buch of boring people sitting on a couch wtaching another bunch of boring people sitting on a couch"

It's rare that I am happy that Sky in Ireland does not carry C4 but when that twaddle is on I am delighted!

Les

The biggest problem is the srupid show "bleeds" all over the other channel with promos, ads, how we make the show, what food they eat, how many time a day the s***, etc; it is like a virus.

Surely it can be contained within a single channel (flagged for morons only).

I can't believe such a large slice of the population needs to get a life - it is as if they are trying to live through these "celebs" Pahlease!

I'm also one of the Grumpy Old Men brigade...can't stand the program. I just treat it as an excuse to retreat to the workshop (as if I needed an excuse).

cheers

George

I too can't stand BB - I do wish they'd stick on one of those much-touted wonderful additional digital channels and leave the Channel 4 schedule alone. (Actually I wish they'd stick it somewhere else but here's not the place to elaborate on that!)
Really struggling to find anything to watch on TV at the moment :(.
Cheers
Gidon

I would rather do something interesting like skewer my own eyeballs rather than watch any reality TV which means BB, X Factor, the jungle thing (Desert Island Discs?....maybe not, wrong era). Now Clarkeson and Hammond slagging each other off, or DIY SOS with Knowles and the boys is a totally different kettle of worms - Rob

Back